DnB New to Drum and Bass, getting good feedback

Cynical Hippy

I'm new to music in general, I only fell in love with it a year and a half a go. Now I eat, sleep and breathe music. I started using fruity loops about 7 months ago and I find my ideas are still very much bigger than my capabilities. I also produce using a laptop so it doesn't take long for me to make it cry and stop functioning.
This is my first drum and bass release that despite hating (for reasons obvious to me as the creator, and any active listeners that understand this) I'm relatively proud of. Feel free to take a listen, if you have any positive feedback, please leave it on soundcloud, any negative I'm more than happy to hear in this thread as I know I, and other people will learn from what you notice about the track. Thanks for your time, Bless

Last edited:
Ah, a beginner. Your track is pretty, melodic, full of raw energy and has a horrible mix down. Welcome to producing, i believe you are in a stage of hyper idealism and creativity. Do not forget this part of producing, soon you will realize how much this track sucks by mix down alone and begin the more technical and scientific side of making a track. Possibly even after this post you will focus on how perfectly your bass is eqed and saturated in ratios of distortion with stereo space to hertz of frequency.
Anyway, your creativity is marvelous. You just need to work on your technical aspects of producing without forgetting your roots.

I'd thank you if it weren't for you saying how much this track "sucks" I feel as though I got your take on the track, but no real help on how to improve as a beginner, which I am. If you can suggest any topics I should focus on, or any online resources I ought to check out, I'd appreciate it.

Im new to producing too but i know what IT4 is getting at. Im listening to it through my monitors and sub and I'm getting no low end. Layering your baseline over two octaves will help start the process. Getting some nice warm low frequencies 30-80Hz will fill it out an give it some depth. Nice sounding track on the musical aspect though.

This is my latest track

https://soundcloud.com/tinnitusdnb

Last edited:
Yeah it's all cool, I appreciate anything coming back my way, it's just the way it's delivered, I guess the world of production is more dog-eat-dog than I realised. Layering up 2 octaves is a good shout. I have a bit of sub, but getting closer to 30 means less chance of hearing it through my monitors. I'll give your track a listen now, I love the name by the way, hopefully none of us ever suffer from Tinnitus haha, Peace

Back
Top Bottom