New to DnB

wilson89

New to DnB (drum n bass - no name yet)

New updated version of the song

Old version

I've recently gotten interested into dnb after listening to a lot of the liquicity you tube channel and netksy. I've been making electro tracks for little while but I'm really new to drum n bass. I could do with some feedback on my track, i.e. am I missing out some real fundamentals? Or am I on the right track, thanks!

Last edited:
Very nice tune mate, can't see too much wrong with it tbh. Maybe the drop could have a bit more of a build-up or a silence part right before the drop, also the drums sound a tiny bit quiet to me, either that or the lead is a bit too loud. Needs and intro too, ubt yeah once you're finished you shall have a quality choon (y)

Very nice tune mate, can't see too much wrong with it tbh. Maybe the drop could have a bit more of a build-up or a silence part right before the drop, also the drums sound a tiny bit quiet to me, either that or the lead is a bit too loud. Needs and intro too, ubt yeah once you're finished you shall have a quality choon (y)

Thanks dude, i'll have a listen to the drums, I haven't got any monitors yet so I often get my mixes a bit wrong. as for intro and better build up, I agree, I really struggled to come up with something, so I'll give it another shot, thanks.

Lisen to a lot of drum and bass, keep making tunes, there are a lot of good bits in this one.

Thanks, I've been listening to lots of drum and bass lately, but I'm really liking drum step, I'm not entirely sure if I've achieved that or if it's just drum n bass, but I play on going down the route.

Thanks man, it's actually my second, my first one is here http://bit.ly/LiYU82 I really had no idea what I was doing though, I just had a 174bpm drum loop and went for it. I feel like this one is a little bit more complex.

yeah man you're def on the right track

id say be careful when looking at other tracks to see how they do things, because your arrangement is a lot more interesting than most of the stuff on liquicity.

wow mate if this is one of your first tunes and u made all that melody yourself youve got a keen ear for dnb - the melody and arrangement is the shiz nit! love it - the only thing i found weird on the arrangement was the bit before the drop where that sort of rolling 'marching band' style snares came in cause it sounded asif there was a mistake - and theres some extra drum loops that were a little louder than your original loops - id bring all the drums up to match the volume of those loud hits because there really good drums but a little lost under that main synth - fuckin sick tune though and the second drop made my hair stand on end cant criticize there! im amateur too though i wouldnt take my comments on board so much haha

OH SHIT - bro i was listening to the old version, i just heard the new version and you ironed out everything i mentioned, banging mate i cant pick anything out i dont like on the new one haha

This is pretty nice, I like it so far. Really cool melody and arrangement.

Maybe add some high cymbals to fill up the high frequencies a bit ? And some build-ups effects like white noises risers etc.

I'm pretty much beginning too so i'm just telling you the first comments that comes through my mind when I listen, I'm by no means an expert so don't take it too seriously, just try if u have the time and will to do it, see what u can do with that.

Anyways keep it up, really good start !

cheers

OH SHIT - bro i was listening to the old version, i just heard the new version and you ironed out everything i mentioned, banging mate i cant pick anything out i dont like on the new one haha

Thanks man, appreciate you listening.

This is pretty nice, I like it so far. Really cool melody and arrangement.

Maybe add some high cymbals to fill up the high frequencies a bit ? And some build-ups effects like white noises risers etc.

I'm pretty much beginning too so i'm just telling you the first comments that comes through my mind when I listen, I'm by no means an expert so don't take it too seriously, just try if u have the time and will to do it, see what u can do with that.

Anyways keep it up, really good start !

cheers

Yeah I used a sort of frequency field plugin and I noticed that the chorus was missing some high end, I tried giving the lead, drums, hi hats and even the bass more high end but I couldn't really get it to boost.

When you say cymbals, do you mean to higher end hi hat work? Or actually crash cymbals? Because I already have quite a few crashes in there, but can't seem to get them heard.

As for the build up effects, I'm working on that right now! Thanks dude.

I was more talkin about a ride cymbal, like the one in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azlD3GvWIzI&feature=related

At some point I had troubles with adding high frenquencies presences to my tracks, and well i still have troubles with that, as with a lot of other aspects in my productions since I'm still beginner, but anyways, I had a couple of drum and bass loops that had a lot of ride cymbal, I high passed it and it add a nice "fullness" to high frequencies, I mean obviously u would need to work on the high frequencies of every sound of your track, but i really like those kind of sound because they've like reverb but still got rythm and dont completely make ur track go PSHH PHSHH lol, i dont know if you see what a I mean.

Back
Top Bottom