New techy DnB tune - "Wake"

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by dafo93, Aug 30, 2009.

1. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

2. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

3. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

Intro lead is FUN!

Mmmmmm, really enjoy how it leads into the bass(rezzedout) Lead!! Filter mod on that bass sounds cool.

Overall, the track is cool and I enjoyed doing some Data Entry while listening.

The only thing that didn't tickle my funny bone is that - I feel like the drums should punch more. The sounds/hits you used are fine... it's just that the track doesn't sound limited... is it limited?

If it's not... and you're interested in a free Master: I'll do it for you.. no problemo.

4. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

Nah you're absolutely right, it isn't limited. I actually meant to send this to be mastered but didn't at the last second, so that's why I forgot to limit it. I get the same feeling with the drums, d'you have any tips as to how I can make them punch more? Mastering is the one thing that's letting me down at the moment.

5. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

i agree that the drums could hit harder, really bring out the drop a bit more. that is a sick tune, man. that intro is awesome!

6. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

Thanks man! Will try and make the drums tighter.

7. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

Honestly, I wouldn't touch anything... simply limiting it might be all that's necessary.

Everything sounded decently level, so an overall limit on the Master Channel is most likely all that's needed.

What do you use to Master your tracks?
    I use Ozone.

If you're interested, I'll do you a master for free, swear on my House that I won't give your track out/etc. I've done a couple for other artists and they were quite pleased.

8. Sweaty Teddy

Sweaty Teddy Nob'ed

It's good mate but the drums really need beefing up.

9. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

Sure man! Add me on MSN, I'm dafo-93@hotmail.co.uk. I'll send it to you over there if you like

10. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

11. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

Sorry, I'm not on there. If you can upload to it a space and send me a link, that'd be perfect. Maybe yousendit if you don't have your own space?

Make sure that it's a wav... at least 16 bit depth and 44.1.
    If you want to render it higher, that's fine, just let me know what it is when you send me the file.

Also, make sure there is 'nothing' in terms of Compression/etc on the Master Channel when you render this thing.

thks and I look forward to hopefully making your track sing
    :D

12. Lucidproduction

Lucidproduction i aint fraid of no ghosts

the tunes really electric i like the feel of it, but im guessin the levels are coming out different for u than they are for me on my speakers?

main lead is way too loud

but i do like ur drum work! tighten the snare a little bit maybe as its a tiny bit airy maybe if u put a punchier snare on top or just shorten it i reckon it wud make the beat alot more snappy,

i dont mean to just criticise, but the tune has alot of potential with a few tweaks man

13. dafo93

dafo93 SWITCH FUSION

Don't worry man, I value constructive criticism much more than false appreciation any day! Yeah I'm mixing through headphones atm until I get proper monitors, so that's probably why. I'm saving up for a studio, and I should have enough money soon! Cheers for the feedback mate.