New Tech/Neuro Rolling WIP

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Surplus, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Surplus

Surplus Member

Pretty simple but tough tune, really just Drum and Bass, so not the most musical track I've made but with potential to be a little head nodder. Mix and production still rough but you'll get the idea of what I'm going for, any suggestions?
    https://soundcloud.com/surplus1/skin-popping-wip

Alert likes this.
  2. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

You got to break up the song a little because it become boring quickly. The main loop is pretty good you just need to focus on song structure more. Also, you will bet more feedback here if you post your tracks like this.

3. Alert

Alert Oblivion Fringe

drum structure is good,
    nice solid, rolling rhythm

song could use some sort of lead/hook type sound/melody on top to be the icing on the cake and to help give the song a sonic narrative, IMO

:duck:

4. Surplus

Surplus Member

Thanks for your feedback guys I'll revisit and see where I can incorporate your ideas. IV4 your music is solid mate, really impressed. Sorry I haven't been posting long on this board, how do embed the Souncloud player instead of the link, on other Forums it auto embeds the player? Thanks again guys.

5. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

On the bar where the font size can be found, there are icons and one is orate with a cloud. click on that and you will see something like this

6. Surplus

Surplus Member

Nice one mate

7. wingz

wingz everyones fav austrian

i like the general feel of it, sounds very 90s techsteppy

but you gonna need way more variation than that, it's becoming really boring after a minute or so, that's what i felt after first listen, i recommend that you A/B with tracks you like and take some notes how they do it and try to work it into your own mix. def has potential

8. Eskei

Eskei Member

This is nice man, love the rolling drums. I agree with the others that it needs more variation or a little hook or something to keep it interesting, but you're definitely onto something with this

9. Surplus

Surplus Member

Cheers guys, I've kind of adapted this track into two new tracks will post these shortly. Am going to try and listen to all your stuff now.