New "studio" room - Need help :)

Multiple Noise

Cologne City Guy
Hey guys,
i am moving to another flat where i will have an own room for music production (and painting, but that's another topic). Now i want to know how i can use the room in the best way.

I don't know much about sound analytics, so i hope to get some help here :)

Do you have any advices? Should i invest in bass-traps, for example?
Should i put my desk somewhere else?
How to deal with the thin wall next to the sleeping room?
Should i buy a carpet for sound-reasons?
Any other suggestions?

Dimensions are 3 m x 5,3 m, height is 3 m. Here are 2 scribbles (empty room & my idea how to use it):

Here is a list of the stuff i use, maybe that helps:
- PC & 2 Screens
- Adam F5 speaker (with stands)
- Ableton Push 2
- Akai EIE pro
- Midi Keyboard, Mic
- Planning to buy e-drums

Budget: up to 1000 € if it really improves my room.

Any help is appreciated very much :)
Cheers

placement-1-copy.jpg

genelec_page_2_pic2.jpg

These are some good guidelines, id put the desk where you drew yours, hold back on any sound proofing untill you set everything up, its not a necessity

Hey, thank you for these information, but i know how to place the speaker.

Yes, maybe you're right and i should just set up everything and come back to this thread after that?
I just want to avoid essential mistakes... :)

Any other advices?

The most effective way to combat the thin wall is it make another wall a few inches infront of it, but thats super long. Thick carpet on it will trap highs and some high mids but bass will still get through; does it even matter if its your room next to it?

As for bass traps..

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/cm-...m_medium=cpc&gclid=CNqr6aad59ICFRO3Gwod7CYE2A

With you budget i'd get as many of these up as you can, 2 for the ceiling maybe, then these for the corners..

https://www.studiospares.com/Studio...280131945082&gclid=CN-QzuWd59ICFUO3GwodFecO7A

If you can afford it, you will notice a beautiful difference. You dont need to spend that much mind but if you do you'll never have to change it.

Hey Russla, thank you for these tips.
I'll share the flat with my girl-friend, thats why it could be a problem.
But since i dont live there yet i don't know how much sound will go through.

Like mugatu said, it seems to be better for me to just set up everything (around 1.4.) and come back to this thread after that.
Thank you anyway! :)

Back
Top Bottom