new sticky thread

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by fuuz3r, Feb 8, 2016.

?

Yes?

1. Yes.

2. No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. fuuz3r

fuuz3r KRISTJAN V

Please somebody make "Your Latest Vinyl Purchaces...." a sticky. It's over a hundred year old thread with over 200 pages where vinyl people continuously post. Sometimes daily.

It's never going to disappear to the vast deep space of this forum and it's pretty much always on the front page.

Also, the respectable decision maker can therefore do good for the record scene.

Okay, thank you very much.

2. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

There's no need to sticky then, Stickies usually get less traffic so it's best to stay where it is imo.

3. fuuz3r

fuuz3r KRISTJAN V

The "free mp3 thread" is a sticky and gets nearly same amount of traffic. With that logic, it shouldn't be a sticky. But I don't think we should decide whether to sticky or not to sticky based on some narrow criteria (traffic), but rather look at a more wider specter.

I think it's okay that the most most popular / important threads are pinned on the top - easy to see them in one place. Besides there aren't many of them. Also I think it's pretty cool that a thread about vinyl releases is one of the many popular thread in this forum. This thread being sticky not only helps to promote vinyl, but also artists and labels as well. Not much probably, but likely a bit at least.

Then again, it doesn't hurt the members who don't care about vinyl - I believe on the contrary, it gets out of the way so to speak. It has it's own section and doesn't appear with other regular threads + many different users have requested to sticky it over time.

4. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

That thread only gets lots of views because it's free tracks, everyone loves free shit which makes it an exception. All the other stickies get next to no replies when they are put up there. Just my view tho

5. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Oh, it's already been done.