New Soulful Liquid track.

kama

benkama.net
VIP Junglist
And yeah man I like it! Not so soulful as it is much more dancefloor material than something I'd listen at home, feeling reefer and watching a sunset.

Very crisp quality to it, maybe clippish even, are you sure you're not going red on the meters....? Good arrangement and I hava to complement you on getting it loud, but to be honest I think it's a bit too loud for me, pumping like it's coming throug radio.

Good ideas but I'm not sure I'm a fan of this kind of mixdown.

hey man. thanks for the feedback. nah the meters are peaking yellow. i did find it very hard to get the bass coming through with such depth without it sounded distorted but i must remind you, im no professional so stuff will be a lil scruffy :) but thats all part of learning :D cheers!

Last edited:

kama

benkama.net
VIP Junglist
hey man. thanks for the feedback. nah the meters are peaking yellow. i did find it very hard to get the bass coming through with such depth without it sounded distorted but i must remind you, im no professional so stuff will be a lil scruffy :) but thats all part of learning :D cheers!
Just remember that there is nothing wrong in pulling everything else down to make something stand out :rave:

Last edited:

JamesZero

aka Zero Beats
VIP Junglist
Cool tune mate, I really like the little vocal stabs and the melodys are nice.

Not 100% sure on the kick being used... it sometimes sounds a little punchy. Nothing wrong with that... just my taste really...

The sub bass could do with being bigger, the tune sounds like it needs fattening out.

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is that after the drop I think if you had less of an attack on the piano chords they would sit really nicely.

Over all tho I really like where your going with this. Would love to hear the final track.

kama

benkama.net
VIP Junglist
The sub bass could do with being bigger, the tune sounds like it needs fattening out.
haha lol just the opposite to what i said!

Each to their own I guess...

What I said in my earlier post may seem a bit harsh, I liked the tune otherwise very much, just the mixdown was not up my backalley. Maybe I'll be arsed to listen to that other version in the near future.