New song

Yo Risto I think the best part is how your drums sound especially the kick drum and the fill bit is nice but the pattern gets boring so a few edits would be nice or maybe a 8 bar loop with some off snares like not always on the 2 and 4. I like the percussion bits but maybe the hat could be a bit more humanised?

The intro and overall melodies and chords are nice but I think you need more of them. More layers of instruments or electrical sounds like beeps and things like a FX stab of any description that is a one shot but it delays ping pong over 16 bars. Same with a vocal stab somewhere because the vocal covers a lot of frequency and adds a human element and echos are important. And the drop is a bit of a non drop for me but then again it is still a WIP and maybe you want to present a smooth journey like on that galleon in your art. With some subtle risers or tension building or cutting to a vocal shout before the drop it it will be nicer.

The bass follows the chords and the sub is nicely placed frequency wise but it is just in the background really. You could add a quiet layer of HP distortion/split the bass and put the mids and hi through a distortion on around 3% when it drops and then build the melodies up over the 64 or maybe choose another one like a more classic sounding LP reese? But that is personal taste. Maybe with some more instruments over the bass you have now it would sound a bit fuller.

Yo Risto I think the best part is how your drums sound especially the kick drum and the fill bit is nice but the pattern gets boring so a few edits would be nice or maybe a 8 bar loop with some off snares like not always on the 2 and 4. I like the percussion bits but maybe the hat could be a bit more humanised?

The intro and overall melodies and chords are nice but I think you need more of them. More layers of instruments or electrical sounds like beeps and things like a FX stab of any description that is a one shot but it delays ping pong over 16 bars. Same with a vocal stab somewhere because the vocal covers a lot of frequency and adds a human element and echos are important. And the drop is a bit of a non drop for me but then again it is still a WIP and maybe you want to present a smooth journey like on that galleon in your art. With some subtle risers or tension building or cutting to a vocal shout before the drop it it will be nicer.

The bass follows the chords and the sub is nicely placed frequency wise but it is just in the background really. You could add a quiet layer of HP distortion/split the bass and put the mids and hi through a distortion on around 3% when it drops and then build the melodies up over the 64 or maybe choose another one like a more classic sounding LP reese? But that is personal taste. Maybe with some more instruments over the bass you have now it would sound a bit fuller.
shit, thats alot more feedback i could have asked for, really appreciate it.
ill give the distortion a try once im free :D
Big thanks.

Back
Top Bottom