new song

Ideas sound alright. Over-all it sounds a little dull and a bit muddy.

And some parts sounded like everything was panned slightly to the left?? Very strange. Making me feel a tad unbalanced. (might just be me) I think I need a break from the headphones for a while.

Thanks for replying and taking the time to listen.

Do you think the muddiness is just because I tried to master it myself and did a pretty lousy job? And I'm not sure why it may have sounded like it was panned weird but I will check it out.

Thanks!

def sounds really muddy mate, lots of eq and mixdown issues. but goin by the sounds/bass that you've used.. if u get the mixdown and eq right could be a bangin tune. got some really interesting sounds goin on there. really like ur amen oldschool sort of intro. works really well.

^^^^- muddy is the word i was looking for hahah will be sick though after a bit fo work, keep it up & sick graphic

Thanks guys.. I really do need to work on my mix downs. Any tips on 'cutting-mud' I should look in to?

I will make some changes to the mix and re-upload. If any of you happen to see when I've changed it I would really appreciate you letting me know if it's any better in comparison.

Thanks for commenting guys, it means a lot. And thanks to the 31 other people who have listened so far!

Sounds distroted quite a bit from that clip

but writing wise sounds about right for that style to me (not really an expert of jump up)

Just make sure each element in the track has its own freq so that it doesnt clash with other freq

Thanks for the reply. Looking at the waveform for the song, I must have really over done it with the limiter/compressor on the master. It was a stupid mistake and I think this version is much better:

I'm sure there is still a lot I need to improve on so I would appreciate lots more feedback!!

Thanks guys!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Still a bit muddy mate, mess with the compression and eq's on your drums to bring them through the bass, i have trouble in this area myself, still a sick tune tho cant wait till its fully mastered.

Thanks for the advice mate. Trouble is my cpu is a load of shite so I bounced the drums ages ago! I'll go back and see if I can find the most recent 'pre-export' project file.

I'll have a really good go with this tune, never really got near this far with a tune before so I really wanna make it as good as I can make it!

You definately should finish it man, some excellent ideas going on in there, if i ever have this type of problem i just start a new project and make some drums then bounce them down and import them back into the other project.

Thanks for the advice mate. Trouble is my cpu is a load of shite so I bounced the drums ages ago! I'll go back and see if I can find the most recent 'pre-export' project file.

I'll have a really good go with this tune, never really got near this far with a tune before so I really wanna make it as good as I can make it!

you could always mess with eq, compression and so on after theyre bounced, maybe try that first?

and for the muddiness, keep an eye on the 150-500hz range, make sure youre basses dont hit there too hard or it will muddy up the snare, too low and you dont got impact. make sure your kick isnt peaking there aswell (loads of kicks got unnecessary second peaks at like 200-250 hz) and so on. this should fix these issues.

Back
Top Bottom