New song MASHley-Sheep of The Week

Wellsy

VIP Junglist
Hey, decided to have another go at producing after my first song which sound abit pantz production wise, been working on this on and off for the past week and would like to know what you guys think and any tips as I might include it in a mix im working on.
Cheers:)

MASHley-Sheep_Of_The_Week.mp3 - 10.95MB

Last edited:
zshare is fucking me up right now.

from what i hear, you need to work on your beats. not sounding that bad, but somehow they dont got 'it'.

try some compression id say, and maybe cut off the hihats lowend and put some distortion on it.

will get back when i get round listening to the whole song.

first off, big mistake uploading a WAV, it takes forever to do anything with.

on the contrary to what the guy above me has said, i personally believe your snare sounds "over compressed" its too tight, ur hat is too loud and is over-powering the rest of the beat...

because its wav i can only play it for about 15 seconds before it stops to buffer for 10 minutes so from what i can hear, like the style, like the sounds, but the beat needs level adjustments and personally different samples.

dont like the wobble... i dont know what happens after that comes in because its stopped completly now.

cheers guys, try work on a few bits then reupload, yea the sample was a joke at first from the film Office Space, its not really a serious song I just wanted to get to grips into producing again, looks like I have to convert it to mp3 as reason only lets me save as wav.

Last edited:
nope I didnt use any compression at all, just plain noobishness :D

right ive uploaded an mp3 version now with a few suggested additions, still needs work but its better, most of this was done by ear so I need to go swat up on more mastering techniques I think.

sounds better man, but it needs alot more work, spend a good few hours editing things to make them a bit more soft, aswell as adding small pieces in to bring the beat up and down more and give it more flow..

you can tell from your sound that u are still new to productions but everyone has that when they start, the more time u spend on a beat, the better itll sound.

yeah do u use EQing atall yet?

sounds better man, but it needs alot more work, spend a good few hours editing things to make them a bit more soft, aswell as adding small pieces in to bring the beat up and down more and give it more flow..

you can tell from your sound that u are still new to productions but everyone has that when they start, the more time u spend on a beat, the better itll sound.

yeah do u use EQing atall yet?

thanks for the advice man, yeah ive eq'ed the kicks, snares, bass and a few others but purely by listening, I just need to have a good read and understand more about the different types of frequencies to get a better sound, bloody takes up so much time producing lol:uberlaugh

Back
Top Bottom