New Salsa D&B Track: Please check it out!

xevioso

I love salsa...I love D&B. And here is something completely different.

I have played this for Salsa crowds on the west coast. Not D&B crowds. I will be posting a youtube video shortly. Hundreds of people dancing to this on a regular basis.

I'm curious what everyone thinks. There is not a huge amount of bass, and that is by design; Too much bass on a salsa dance floor and people leave. Please open your mind to this; this is simply a remix of Oscar De Leon's Llorales, one of the best salsa tracks ever made.

http://soundcloud.com/xevioso/xevioso-oscar-de-leon-lloraras-remix

Haha, this track made me smile, it's something different and it just shows that you can do whatever you want with dnb as long as you are creative.
About the track: Towards the end the drums come out of the mix better but in the beginning they're kind of on the background which is not so nice. Try to fix it , and you'll have a nice and creative track!

Thanks... the thing with the heavy drums is that it can be overwhelming in a Salsa song... I'm trying to find a nice middle, and I think you are right. Gotta make the drums a little louder up front...

I'm working on Yo No Se Manana by Luis Enrique...we play that all the time and I can't wait to surprise people with a jump-up version...

nice! need to take more care of the time-streching, got sum messy bits in there, but can see where its goin, cool stuff

nice! need to take more care of the time-streching, got sum messy bits in there, but can see where its goin, cool stuff

exactly what i was about to say... work on the alignment, timing, warping etc of the original...

also could do with low passing the main song and chucking in some rude bass to make it not sound like a giant intro (y)

Hmmm...using Ableton to timestretch it. The problem is, since the original is acoustic, I have to time stretch it all the time...like every 8 measures, just to make sure everything is on beat. My suspicion is that this is why many people don't try making songs like this...it's labor intensive to go through the entire song and make sure every beat of the acoustic version lines up with the loop you have laid over it, but I have to do it.

The low pass idea is a good one...I need to do this for this one and Yo No Se Manana...

Back
Top Bottom