New rolling dark dnb tune

cheers for the feedback guys, glad your feeling the snare, cos that was one thing i wasnt sure about. thought it might be a bit rimmy! ive updated the link anyway, added a few more bits. let me know what you think!

Always looking forward to hear your tracks when you post something new here. This track is very very good. Drop fits quite well and don't worry about the snares, it sounds spot on for this track. Definitely keep on working on this one Cartel! :)

Sounds proper deep! Keeper this one!

Are you making those sounds yourself? The warps and tears you have in your tunes are sick, really great textures to your sounds man. Little bit interested if you synth them or use other sound sources?
Mixdown as ever sounds tight crisp and clean!

cheers guys, glad your feeling it. I know what you mean about the atmos, will try to add something in there without killing the vibe.

Tewky, its a mixture of re-sampled sound from sample packs and stuff from massive. I think the sounds your reffering to are filtered reeses or square/saw bass's. With reverb on the hi end.
if its from a sample pack i normally chop a small bit out, then add my own fades to it, and reverb, camel phat etc. The sub is just a standard fm8 sub

Tracks top, hepz is spot on. Bass is fine, just some spacey fx that work with the funk y know to fill it up. The snare has all the room in the work and sounds great, no more work needs to put innit.

nice to see possitive comments! thanks guys. hepz, ive been doing it on off for about 18month - 2 years. started on reason and then moved to ableton. had like a 6 month break from doing it, came back to it and thigns started to click i think. Starting to enjoy the music im makign, which is rare for me! Your tunes are sounding big as well though, dont stop now!

Yeah mang this tune is huge! Everything is pretty tight, personally would add a little more 200hz to the snare but thats preferance. love the breaks at the end of bars too! This a WIP still?

Yeah mang this tune is huge! Everything is pretty tight, personally would add a little more 200hz to the snare but thats preferance. love the breaks at the end of bars too! This a WIP still?

nice one man, will look into the snare! yeah its still a wip. needs a middle and a second drop at the moment. still deciding whetere it should be a 1 bar middle or 2. 1 would keep it rolling better i think, but i coudl do more of a build up with 2 bars! time will tell i guess

added a little bit to the end if anyone fancies a listen. also do people think i should leave the intro quite stripped back or add some more? currently think just some reverby hats and atmos before the drums in the intro atm

Back
Top Bottom