New Rodriguez and Tarantino movies!

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by sdm, Mar 23, 2007.

1. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

2. Bad Ace

Bad Ace Close2Death

looks heavy!!!2 of my fave directors.

3. Triple M

Triple M Admin

Wow!

This looks awesome! Never seen a double feature like this! :slayer:

4. DJ Law

DJ Law New Member

Looking forward to seeing Grindhouse, but its possible that its gonna be split into two seperate movies when its released here.

5. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

^^ yes its true...there splitting the movie up because alot of ppl in the states didnt want to be in a theater for 3 1/2 hours, so it did terribly in its opening week.
    I did see it....and have to say it would be a shame to split them up....there ment to be togethter...and the trailers between movies are the icing on the cake!

Top notch B movies:spliff:

6. Fes Rock

Fes Rock Nothing..........

UK Residents Will See Split 'Grindhouse'

Body: April 29, 2007 -- After a disappointing run at the U.S. box office, "Grindhouse" is now officially being split into two movies for its UK release reportedly this September. As reported by the Times Online:

For months Grindhouse, a $100 million (£50 million) double bill of nostalgic horror films made with his friend Robert Rodriguez, had been scheduled to arrive in British cinemas on June 1. After disastrous box-office takings in the United States, it has been withdrawn while Harvey and Bob Weinstein, the producers, try to formulate a rescue strategy.

A spokesman for Momentum Pictures, the film’s British distributor, said yesterday: “We are reviewing the release date and the release plans in the UK. It will definitely be released here but we don’t know in what form.”

Barry Norman, the veteran film critic, said that the decision to change the release date at such short notice was “almost inevitably” a sign that the finished product had disappointed its backers.

For Tarantino, who dazzled audiences with Reservoir Dogs, his debut in 1992, and who won the Palme d’Or at the Cannes Film Festival with his next film, Pulp Fiction, it is a humiliating development. “This doesn’t often happen to a big-name director,” Norman added. “The omens aren’t good.”

Grindhouse was envisaged as a homage to the sleazy, low budget films that both Tarantino and Rodriguez grew up with and the seedy cinemas where they used to watch them in late-night double-bills.

Rodriguez, the director of El Mariachi, Spy Kids and Sin City, made Planet Terror, a gory zombie-flick with a ludicrous body count and a go-go dancing heroine who has a machinegun in place of a leg. Tarantino’s film Death Proof, which most critics have preferred, features a spectacular car chase and stars Kurt Russell as a serial killer.

Both films are artfully scratched and include “missing reels”, to evoke viewing conditions in the grindhouse cinemas of the 1970s.

Before the American cinema release this month, Bob Weinstein emphasised the ambitious scope of the package, which covers more than three hours. “The whole theatrical business is looking for something new, a little showmanship,” he said.

Grindhouse has proved too long and too obscure for main-stream audiences. It has taken only $23 million in three weeks in American cinemas, with half of that over the Easter weekend, and the Weinstein brothers are considering whether to slice it into two separate films.

7. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Heres an idea. Why not play one, then when that finishes have like a five minute interval or something then play the other.
    I swear for months they've been bigging this up as being a double feature with two quality directors for the price of one movie.
    I hope they don't split the two up as i was looking forward to seeing them both back 2 back.

8. soundwaveuk

soundwaveuk SoundwaveUK

If your planning to see this movie alone.....

DONT !

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  9. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

I hate the fact that beacuse an average 'septic tank' has the attention span of a fly, that we in Europe are deemed to be the same. :mad_guy:

Surely the Grindhouse is the Double feature? Without the double feature its just 2 separate films? Fookin gash, Tarantino & Rodriguez need to put there foot down an demand to follow the vision out til the end. :hold_hand

10. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

saw them on the weekend. both are quite funny films, some really amusing preview ads in there as well.

11. jay walker

jay walker 1/2 of Passive/Aggressive

Was it shonky copies you saw? what was the quality like? :-/

12. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

13. David Bass

David Bass Neuro-Technologist

i really wanna see these in the cinema,

but as yet there is no australian release date.....ghey!

14. basketballjones

basketballjones aka Zap Brannigan

they are fuckin horrible, save your money

deathprooof is soooo fuckin bad i walked out

15. basketballjones

basketballjones aka Zap Brannigan

the ads were the only good part

the hobo one was hilarious

16. NewVisionRecs

NewVisionRecs New Member

Hertfordshire, England / Coahuila, Mexico
    i assumed that the running time of both movies together would be just a couple of hours.

i didnt realise they where both full features... duh !

great production in making them look crap and 80s but cool at the same time.

the fake trailers are also very funny.

i did feel that death proof was immensely boring though.

i happen to live in a city in mexico called acuna where robert rodriguez comes from. he shot el mariachi here in the town as a matter of fact which is why in death proof there is an advert for acuna boys tex mex food.

useless fact of the day

:)