New, read the started threads but still have some Questions

keeyz

hi guys,

As the title said i'm new here. I recently started working with FL studio 11. Uhm yea i have 2 questions i think.

1.) Do u create your own kicks when you produce or u just download samples, adjust them a little and get started? I always taught u needed to create your own kicks , hats, etc... but i've seen some tutorials where people just take samples so I was wondering... :)

2.) I've read the started threats and i'm gathering allot of information about how fl works and how to do compression eq,... the thing is i'm learning lot's of new stuff but I don't really know how to create A track.

so it would be lovely if someone just could say, 1.) u go and do this 2.) u go and do this.
so i could aplly the new thing's i've learned because now it's just like. yea i have a sound and when i compress it it sounds like that okay...
but I want some directions so I can get started working with a goal because it's a BIG blur atm.

thanks allot

Keeyz

I go along with some already made kicks, sometimes I do create new ones myself. It's your call.

Now, with the "do this, do that" part of your post, could you be more specific?

People make full tracks purely from sampling, some people don't use any. Most people will fall somewhere inbetween.

To be honest mate, no one is going to be able to give u a step by step guide to making a song. I would recommend listening to similar tracks that you would like to create and make notes about what you are hearing. Then come back an post specific questions that have specific answers like how do you achieve this sound, or this effect etc...

There are some videos on youtube where you can watch guys make a track from start to fininsh, that might give you insight.

People make full tracks purely from sampling, some people don't use any. Most people will fall somewhere inbetween.

To be honest mate, no one is going to be able to give u a step by step guide to making a song. I would recommend listening to similar tracks that you would like to create and make notes about what you are hearing. Then come back an post specific questions that have specific answers like how do you achieve this sound, or this effect etc...

There are some videos on youtube where you can watch guys make a track from start to fininsh, that might give you insight.

Yo guys,

yea thanks allot for the replies already. I found a few tut's on youtube showing me to make a track from sscratch.
I can get going now with this new information about the samples creating ur own.

If i have more questions I wont hesitate to post.

keeyz

If I were you, I'd get stuck in as much as I can.
It will sound like shit, but you'll soon get a sense of the basics. Then go around reading the starter threads again and trying to do the things in them + youtube tutorials

I don't know exactly how FL studio works exactly, but have a hunt around and see if you can get up the instruments (Synthesizers, drums etc), then start feeding them MIDI and experimenting. Press all the buttons and try and figure out what they do.
Does that make sense?
There might also be some yt tutorials on FL studio basics, I don't know but have a look.

p.s. start off using samples, then learn to make your own later.

Type into YouTube howtomakeelectronicmusic he's does some Great tutorials for fl studio user and its all easy to follow.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I would also suggest spending more time learning song creation and structure over technical aspects such as compression and mixdown. The more songs you finish, the better you will get at the whole process and a side-effect of that is that your sound will improve. Good luck, it's a long journey but have fun along the way.

Back
Top Bottom