New project (Still Under Construction)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by BLoodstaiN`, Sep 29, 2010.

1. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

2. djdevz

djdevz Member

good production on the kicks n snares mate, but the double drop doesnt do it for me, it needs a more energising build up for that to work, have a listen 2 some dnb tracks with 2 drops for tips.

n maybe add a cymbal with reverb in the background to give it some splash...n fill it out a lil...just a suggestion.

depends what sound ur going for, but nice production overall.

3. dexter

dexter Member

personally it wasnt nice, it was VERY.. computery.. i guess, no real life to it at all, thin drums and a very plain bassline, both with little to no noticable effects, i mean im sure you have effects in there but it sounds incredibly dry..

4. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

main thing i noticed was the frequency spectrum was pretty empty, needs some atmos and fx...then again you clearly say it's wip.

5. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

the drum works awesome mate
    im just not feeling the synths, try a bit of lfo on the cut off see if that gives it more bounce
    it needs somthing filling up the spectrum, get some nice atmosphere samples and have a play about see what comes out.

feedback on my new post would be appriciated.

6. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

That's a bit my problems, i tried but i suck at mastering & Equalizing which means that if i try to add some fx or atmospheric sounds it sound like everything is pressed to one and i sound so messy.
    My idea of drum and bass is: Drums pattern in the center and your synths wrapped around it. but i just plain suck at using multiple synths at one time and not making them crash onto eachother.

7. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

nice effort, I think your 'getting' the music and being quite creative, but needs more creativity in the effects, sounds need beefing up ALLOT, that bassline should be making my ears bleed and my legs crumble, your on the right track tho, get the sounds phattened up and filling the spectrum (split your sounds into layers, eq, compress seperatly and beef up diffrent bandwidths with chorus/distortion/phase etc then compress them all together), more creative effects and chnges will make ur good ideas come to life nicely

8. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

i'll have to look up a tutorial for that o:

9. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

easiest method...

- bounce down/freeze/flatten your bassline channel (or any sound) into an audio channel (back it up first perhaps)
    - duplicate the channel several times
    - filter or EQ low/hipass each channel into bands, simplest way would be bass(20-120hz)/mid(121-600hz)/mid-top (600hz>), but use your ears to see which bits need the work
    apply your effects to get them phat, you can do more than 3 channels, i've got 9 one bassline lol its pretty filthy too!
    - then eq and compres each channel carefully, take note of the biggest rezzy spikes, and also be very careful at the crossover points of each channel, and espcially of any freqz below about 200hz, this is where you could get phaze cancelation that will kill the bass, I would recomend you take all the low spikes out of the midrange section, and mono the bass
    - route all the channels into one channel, compress again and add a sidechain with the kick if it needs, maybe even sidechain the top end to the snare...be creative

you can also use sends to do the same thing, witout bouncing to audio, just remember to route your sends back into a single chnnel rather thn straight to master, and set your source chnnel to 'sends only'.

10. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

Thanks very much mate, I'll have a crack at it, probably a few days messing with that before it'll sound like anything

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

Somewhere between jump up & liquid, Which makes people move, Everything i make makes me move, but not enough, I even think I'm always hanging short on something, And i'm sucker at atmospheric sounds.
    People tell me that on all three of my songs, "You're creative and it could be a solid song but you're coming short"
    Technical lack of knowledge of synths and Producing in overall makes me frustrated, which makes me Push Fl studio to the side for a week ;p

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

Somewhere between jump up & liquid, Which makes people move, Everything i make makes me move, but not enough, I even think I'm always hanging short on something, And i'm sucker at atmospheric sounds.
    People tell me that on all three of my songs, "You're creative and it could be a solid song but you're coming short"
    Technical lack of knowledge of synths and Producing in overall makes me frustrated, which makes me Push Fl studio to the side for a week ;p

11. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

I used to suck at making atmospheres, and i still do. But what i find very effective in creating atmosphere is to quite simply get some nice samples, experiement with resampling them, apply effects like reverb and delays, dub delays work real nice. just chuck it all in there, bounce it down and keep what you like and throw away what you don't like then bounce again. It may not work in a tuneyour currently working on but if you have it tere in your samples you may find it works a treat in another tune!

Somthing ive have been experimenting with and has produced some really quite dark and erie sounds is, take a synth, any synth with a selection of filters and waves, my preffered synth is massive, i use it for everything. set up a simple saw wave running thru a low pass to start with, then apply a completely wet reverb signal, eq out frequencys that you don't want then play around with an lfo on the filter, it works really nice and can create some crazy sounds. bt you don't wanna stop there, experiment with diffrent waveforms, mulitple waves, diffrent filters and again multiple filters, resonance, flange, chorus, delay things like that. [don't stick to the effects within the synth like massive has, experiement with plugins]

You may end up making somthing completely alien!

I preffer not to make atmosphere in a track, and preffer to just have a project template set up for creating atmosphere and then exporting varients of one synth into audio for later use.

Give it ago and post up what you create

12. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

Thanks a lot mate, will do, will have a crack at it this weekend
    I'll let you know

13. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

wasnt feeling this atall tbh man, sounds really dry and everything felt disconnected

14. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

you mean not in harmony?

15. druu

druu Member

You'll need more than 8 channels of sounds to get more depth and movement into your music. Also, start reading a whole lot on mixing and definitely watch a few CM masterclass videos to give you an idea of whats involved. You'll have 50+ channel, 245 bar arrangements in no time! :D