DnB New Project: Fayza- Untitled dub (clip)

woooaaaahhh jessie take that limiter off your snare and stop making jump up

joking

mixdown sounds pretty questionable to be honest, and that midrange bass sound is quite annoying. the intro has the same weight as the drop, so it's quite confusing to listen to..maybe take the sounds out at the beginning and introduce them bit by bit.
your drums sound really squashed and kind of hide behind that bass sound..pierced suddenly by that open hi hat, which sounds too loud in the mix and quite harsh frequency-wise (no raptors den)..
maybe read up on mixdown technique and fuck about with Massive more.

I appreciate your feedback! It starts from when it drops i cut out the intro and just let it jump straight in which is something i don't normally do, you are right it is probably confusing.
I also agree with your opinion on the mixdown of this but the set up i have isn't really production worthy monitors have shit frequency range and arent that acurate. Same goes for my £30 headphones lmao.
That being said is probably the reason I'm hearing different faults to what you are, on my end the kick and snare fine but it seems the hi hats are hiding somewhere however i can just about make out about what you said with the open hihat.
And I last about 5 minutes on massive before my head hurts, its not because of the terrible synths i'm making its just so confusing????
I will take your advice on researching mixdown techniques.
Once again.. thankyou (y)

Shit loads of tutorials on massive..search YouTube/google.
Tbh searching tutorials on synthesis in general will help, as the methods can be put to use on massive(wave shapes, routing, envelopes etc)

R.e the open hi hat: it could be a ride
Keep at it man

Back
Top Bottom