New Producer - New Track - Nice chill DnB tune 1st attaempt at a wobble!

really like the drums and the pads - nice vibe. im not sure the wobble bass fits in with the feel of the track. nice tune

Really like this , makes me feel very relaxed.
IMO the bass would be better if it didn't wobble though, I'd just use a steady double sine wave bass.

Greets!

Was really feeling it up until the wobble kicked in.. definitely agree with jimjim & horace, think it sounds out of place, probably a little too deep compared to the rest of the tune as well, but the rest is top notch, REALLY liking the drums.

the pitchbend of the drums with the slowdown of the wobble doesnt sound right together. Good basics for the drums, I might try throwing in a different loop here or there to give it some new life. You could also switch main roles and have the wobble be a bit stronger at some times. Switching up the instrument/wave of the wobble could become a good transition. Liked the set at the end.

Hey guys I keep coming back to this site when I'm in need of credible opinions. Just made my first tune with a wobble type sound in it so I'm wondering if I accomplished my goal of not sounding extremely amateur. Let me know what you guys/gals think! Thanks a lot!!

http://soundcloud.com/duppyman/straight-outta-bruma

Duppyman

yeah sounds good mate, need to add an extra kick drum layer, cos the drums sound a little thin, like the use of the vocal sample, goes well with the track

Also, I'd change your name from Duppyman before you carry on making tunes, but it's up to you mate

I'm afraid I have to agree with the others. The good news is that you've built up a nice chilled vibe and things flow really well. Wobble just doesn't fit, but everything else is really quality.

Well although I'm thoroughly disappointed you guys arn't diggin' the womph I'm going to remain optimistic and be thrilled the rest of the tune is good! I thought the womph fit personally but this is why I like others opinions. I've heard this is a bad thing but I definitely make music for other people, as well as myself, but I care more about "the" people so thanks for the constructive criticism guys!

PS: Why do you think I shouldn't go by duppyman? It's my nickname where I live, It's a patois expression for ghost.

Well although I'm thoroughly disappointed you guys arn't diggin' the womph I'm going to remain optimistic and be thrilled the rest of the tune is good! I thought the womph fit personally but this is why I like others opinions. I've heard this is a bad thing but I definitely make music for other people, as well as myself, but I care more about "the" people so thanks for the constructive criticism guys!

PS: Why do you think I shouldn't go by duppyman? It's my nickname where I live, It's a patois expression for ghost.

I always thought it was instult aimed at white people or gays

as Slew Dem by Capleton (Duppyman by chase & status) is all about killing gays

Hardly a reliable source but http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=duppyman

Completely up to you tho, more original than my producing name lol

:S I never knew of that interpretation. People call me Duppyman because I got sick and got really pale white for like 2 years lol I know many patois speaking people and they all know "duppy" as ghost so duppyman is ghostman. I don't know now though :S

Back
Top Bottom