New producer looking for feedback!

duppymanDnB

Hey guys! I'm new to producing (got reason 4 about 2 weeks ago) and I'm havin a great time makin tracks n such but am now looking for serious feedback to see what's good (or bad) with my stuff!! my latest track can been heard on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIhKiKQZZwo

Just check out my channel if you're interested in my other tracks. I got lots on the go, like I said I'm very new to this. Thanks!

Last edited:
Youtube quality sucks, but i think that the tune on your pc (with nice quality) is sick, i like it very much. for having reason 2 weeks? awesome job.
1 thing does your bass always sound that loud or is it just youtube? that's the minor for me, the bassline could lower a bit in volume imo. but i like it very much!

There sounds like a small click at the end of the main sample (waah waah waaah, deh deh deh de deh click) easily sorted with a little editing
Sounds alright to me,
Not listening through me mackies though lol
Id recommend using and uploading to soundcloud due to lack of lossyness and the usage of .wav

Thanks a lot guys for your response! Seems I really need to work on mastering, which I knew but I openly admit to struggling with it. I don't understand that side of things quite yet. For instance when I turn the bass down, by volume or drive, it sounds too friendly, kind of in the background. When I turn it up it takes over. I was equalizing it so it would be mad bassy but noticed it would drown out the bass drum so I bypassed the equalizer and kept it as it. I guess I need to find some quality mastering tutorials to give my tunes that finished feel. Thanks again for the input and I'm honored you guys enjoyed my stuff!

Heres a big tip,
Give everything a frequency range,
Mainly to ear though
Due to the fact that the ear dosent necesarily pick up frequencies as much as a spectral analyzer will show
This gives lots of room for other sounds to be heard =]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom