New Producer (Dark D&B)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Swayzy, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Swayzy

Swayzy Member

Hi Everyone,

I came across this site and noticed a lot of people asking the same questions I have in my head so it makes sense to join. I have sound cloud and have some bits up there. Problem is I get no response or even plays. I'm not yearning for recognition asI know I need to improve and I'm years away from my peak of production but I wouldn't mind some chat about the production for motivation. Also I'm keen on collaborating with like minded producers. I'm concentrating on the dark side. I prefer the less commercial and dark stuff that is more experimental but also has good quality to drum hits.

Anyway. I hope some people can comment on my tracks: http://soundcloud.com/swayzy and I look forward to speaking or even working with some of you.

Best,

Neil.

2. Nydus

Nydus All in the sig.

Hi mate,

Welcome!
    I'm also into the dark stuff! www.soundcloud.com/nydus
    Will gladly check out your soundcloud, be sure to post in the new talent area as some of the guys give great feedback!

3. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

hey there and :welcome:
    Yeah post your tracks in the New Talent section under the Production section.
    be sure to comment on other people's tracks as well - what goes around comes around etc.
    nice to meet ya

4. Swayzy

Swayzy Member

Cheers for getting back,

I see you are from Herts. I was born in Watford.

I'll listen to yours stuff tomorrow. I will be doing music related stuff tomorrow as I do one day on one day off- to protect my poor ears!

Like the metalheadz tshirt. I used to go up Camden Metalheadz a lot. Love that sound.

I'll go to new talent later,

cheers.

---------- Post added at 12:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

And Jimjim too. Cheers mate. Will be good to speak with others more. I'm living and working in China so I guess I am a bit estranged here. Haven't really been into drum and bass seriously for 10 years and this is the first time I've ever produced- was just djing a lot before.

5. Nydus

Nydus All in the sig.

Hi,

Nice one, I live in Kings Langley at the moment!
    Just had a listen to your stuff, I think you should develop 'Danger', cool vibe & sample selection.

6. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

you got some nice stuff - had a listen to a few. following :)

7. Swayzy

Swayzy Member

Kings Langley. I know it well. I was brought up in Abbots Langley and moved over to Leverstock Green later. I played footy for Kings for a bit but I was crap! still got family and friends round there though.

Cheers for the tip on 'Danger'. I'll try and work on that. I'll make a post on your sound cloud later. I listened to some of your tracks but need another listen. They were pretty promising tracks I think- some nice vocals in there.

8. Swayzy

Swayzy Member

Cheers jimjimjim. I checked your old skool stuff out. It's cool that you are making old skool. Hardkore will never die!

9. jimjimjim

jimjimjim oldskool

10. Swayzy

Swayzy Member

Nydus,

I think 'Tyrian' is a good track. It sounds to me like it needs a 'lift' of some sort overall. To get the real low end out of my speakers. Not sire if you compressed it yet. good track anyways.

11. Nydus

Nydus All in the sig.

Hi,

Thanks man! You're right, it does need work (I made it a very long time ago). I am currently revisiting it!