New one!

*State

Self confessed VW nut
Hows it going peeps used to go under the name mike001, had to create another account... lost my password using hushmaildotcom..dont use it!

Anyway, i started producing this tune the other day. I think im finally starting to find my style... easy going kinda stuff. Any comments on the production would be fan-dabby-tastic!

cheers.
mike.

oh shit here's the link. http://www.reverbnation.com/mike001 and the tune is called "(work in progress)", for now.

Last edited:
This isnt really my favoured style,but this is good.Nice crisp drums!I think the loops could be cut up a bit to drive the tune a bit,but thats just my opinion.I would get this one finished dude!Maybe listenin to the wrong one!Love the rhodes sound in there,gives it the soulful edge.Keep this up man,you have obviously got some talent for production...
If you can please listen to my tune...its on this page,its called The Treatment...its at the other end of the spectrum,hard as sums...any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Niiiice one for the good words bud! I've just been spending a lot of time latley refining my sound and the characteristics of the drums so i have my own drum "kit" so all of my future tunes can relate to each other.. obviously changing them slightly with EQ,patterns and wot not (drums). thanks again!

cool track. i like the way the drums subtly evolve during the build up. the drums are quite tight but a bit too clean for me, it does go well with the rest of the tune tho.

nice one (y)

Done some more work, now the track is full legnth just got a few auto clips/fine tuning to do then its gotta get mastered. woo hoo. :)

That sounds amazing mike... What do you use to produce, you are bang on the kind of sound I'm trying to get at the moment, I'm having mixed success with FL Studio.

That sounds amazing mike... What do you use to produce, you are bang on the kind of sound I'm trying to get at the moment, I'm having mixed success with FL Studio.

Cheers man. Yeah im still using fl to produce mate, i just gave it a rest for a bit it started doing my head in producing 24-7, started driving me nuts lol. The only time i produce now, is when ive got a good idea in my head..ive found that forcing tunes out doesnt work for me.... im gonna start spending at least one month or more per tune.

All the tunes on my player need total a re-vamp, i should of spent much more time on them before i posted them up...half of then aint even finished :D.

On a more positive not though, ive got some good sounding stuff that im working on, getting some new gear and aiming for some crystal clear productions.:)

I really like the rhodes sounding stuff, a beefier bassline would have been cool --

it's crazy you say you're gonna spend a month on a tune -- everything I have read says 10-20 hours for big tunes that stick

:)
I really like the rhodes sounding stuff, a beefier bassline would have been cool --

it's crazy you say you're gonna spend a month on a tune -- everything I have read says 10-20 hours for big tunes that stick

Cheers for the comments man.

@ 10-20 hours...
yeah man, i only spend around 1-2 hours max per evening.

Back
Top Bottom