New on the scene

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Apeh, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Apeh

Apeh Member

Now then everyone.

I've just stumbled onto this forum and it seems like my sort of gaff so I thought i'd sign up.

I've been listening to DnB for about 3 or 4 years and only decided mid 2009 that I was going to try my hand at mixing. I've got a little experience with the basics, such as beat matching etc as i've covered for one of my mates at house parties and done a bit of bedroom djing round his place. I'm currently waiting till the beginning of November to purchase a set up, all I need is deck's and a mixer as i've already got a decent amp, headphone's and speakers. I've been looking at the Stanton T62's (I've had a dabble on a set and i've heard nothing but good thing's for a beginner) with a basic mixer for around £270 for my first setup unless I go down the 2nd hand ebay route and try get hold of a set of technics, My budget will be around £300 - £500.

I'm from the North East of England living in a town called Darlington which is about a 45 minute drive from Newcastle.

We haven't really had any DnB nights where I from unless it's arranged by ourselves, however one of the local club's have just started a dnb/dubstep night on a thrusday (probably won't last long). The next best place is Newcastle, some good dnb nights there.

Anyways, it seems i've rambled.. didn't really know what to say so I wrote a mini bio :rinsed:

2. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

go for some 1210's mate, u can get some second hand ones for pretty cheap :) hi btw

3. Apeh

Apeh Member

Thank's for your advice and hi :)

Any more advice is welcome!

4. Max Payne

Max Payne New Member

Hi mate and welcome, what format are you currently mixing with LP or CD i know some one earlier said 1210's the old original classics but to be honest i would look at investing in some DENON DNS 700 - CD TURNTABLE might be a bit pricy but worth every penny, plus with the availability to download music you may find it easier as well, hope this helps

5. Gr1pz

Gr1pz Aka - Align.

Technics if you plan on playing out :p

6. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

7. Dave Dexcell

Dave Dexcell Dexcell

8. Apeh

Apeh Member

I've dabbled with both but i've got a hell of a lot more experience with LP turntables.

I'll look in to CD turntables though.

Cheers people.. thank's for making me feel welcome. A lot of internet forum's are full of people who have some kind of complex with n00bs... it's sad really.