New neurofunk collaboration with 2 friends. (FINISHED)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by criba, Jan 16, 2013.

1. criba

criba Member

We made this track with my two friends during holidays. Spent approx 30hours including mixing and mastering. Pretty pleased with the result, any feedback appreciated! :)

-Criba

2. sam the dnb man

sam the dnb man Variation

I'm listening with a shit sound card but it feels like the drums need to be a tad louder. The sounds are really cool. I just think it lack impact as the drums don't seem to be cutting through.
    I may be completely wrong.

I think that the 'all junglists' vocal sample is a nice touch but ruins the vibe a bit. I reckon if you cut out the droning pad that is in the background on the 2nd drop it would be quite cool as well. Like if it built into a section that is almost empty, just the raw elements with maybe more of an emphasis on the synthetic elements of the bass then then it returns to its original state afterwards.
    Almost like Rondo form.

I'm really digging some of the sounds used here though. Overall I think you should be pretty pleased!

3. criba

criba Member

Thanks for listening and having some time for really constructive feedback, appreciated. I think this might be the end of this story since Shaymin lives 350km away from us. But I'll keep those advices in my mind ;)

-Criba

4. Fortisimo

Fortisimo Member

Nice track. Sounds more tech-y than neuro-y to me, to be honest, but fair play. Yeah the main thing I would note is the drums are indeed lacking a bit of impact. That is a tricky thing to get right, in my experience. Overall very nice though; keep it up!

5. criba

criba Member

Thanks for those kind words, and for those drums. We're getting there ;) hopefully.

-Criba

6. spyre

spyre sample all the things

Really cool, got a place 2b & paimon kinda vibe going on

7. JungleFever

JungleFever Member