New monitors

Boooke

Hey, so I've been annoyed by the lack of bottom in my nEar 05s, which are otherwise good - they simply cannot reflect the bass at all, unless doing heavily distorted or resonated low end ala lowpassed gabber kicks, which is not what I'm looking for. I thought I'd upgrade everything, and use my nEars at my friends place or maybe my dads, so I always got some monitors everywhere I am.

I really like the Focal Twins, and thought of saving up for them and the sub 6. I don't know, something just says :2thumbs: when I see them, and probably gonna hear them in a few weeks, when they hopefully get in stock in my local store. The room they will be placed in is quite big, but they will be near one of the walls, so I'm not sure if they are too big.

What do you guys think? In the end, I want something that really points out the uglies in my mix, and will stay ugly until things are sorted - Boomy bass should only be boomy when I make it boomy, etc.

Adams or Genelecs...!!!1

I have heard nothing else but good reviews about those Focals, haven't heard them with my own ears though. When you get the chance, please tell what they were like C:

Well you didn't mention a budget so get a pair of Barefoot MM27's and enjoy being the envy of the neighborhood.

Adams or Genelecs...!!!1

I have heard nothing else but good reviews about those Focals, haven't heard them with my own ears though. When you get the chance, please tell what they were like C:

Thanks for the ideas, mate! I will check them out when at home. Heard alot about Adams, don't know why I never have looked at their stuff. I will surely give some feedback about the Focals, when I get to hear them :devilslay

Well you didn't mention a budget so get a pair of Barefoot MM27's and enjoy being the envy of the neighborhood.

Well, I wouldn't mind them, but I might need to visit the gas station a few times before I can afford them. The budget is at max around the focals together, which at my country I believe probably is the same as 3800 pounds or $6000. I need to save up alot, and probably a lot of patience since it will be New Years Eve soon, and, well, yeah... But I don't mind that. Of course, lower budget speakers are certainly also very welcome. Honesty is all I want from zeh speakers.

Back
Top Bottom