New mixer??

ive had a behringerddm400 for a few months now and it gets used every day without fail and its a great mixer

I've had my vestax (bought second hand) for a few years... Mixers should last a looooong time, not 12 months or so...

You get 2 years warenty, If it breaks you get a new one or get it repaired simple

Yeah I suppose that's definately a bonus - I'm wary or turning this into another "Behringer in shit" thread as we've had them before...

In general terms though whilst a warranty is good, it can be a bit of a false economy, you can spend lot's of time effort and money sending the thing back to the manufaturer, waiting for repairs to be done and for it to be sent back (whilst in the meantime you have nothing, or have to use an old mixer as they don't give you a "courtesy mixer), you can go through this time and time again (they'll only fix what's broken each time it goes back to them, they won't replace faders that are just a bit worn etc) until at the end of the 2 years your warranty has ended, and so has your mixer and your patience.

If you were buying a car you wouldn't go for a brand that is known to have poor components and will constantly need to be in the garage, even if the work is done for free...

My Vestax is more than 8 years old, bought second hand form a scratch DJ, no problems at all, nothing....

My point is I think a lot of people think of mixers like shoes, you buy em, use em till they wear out, then replace them...

If you get a decent brand it'll never wear out (save for the odd new fader every few years)...

Anyway I know I'm always going on about this so I'll stop ranting now ;)

Yeah I suppose that's definately a bonus - I'm wary or turning this into another "Behringer in shit" thread as we've had them before...

In general terms though whilst a warranty is good, it can be a bit of a false economy, you can spend lot's of time effort and money sending the thing back to the manufaturer, waiting for repairs to be done and for it to be sent back (whilst in the meantime you have nothing, or have to use an old mixer as they don't give you a "courtesy mixer), you can go through this time and time again (they'll only fix what's broken each time it goes back to them, they won't replace faders that are just a bit worn etc) until at the end of the 2 years your warranty has ended, and so has your mixer and your patience.

If you were buying a car you wouldn't go for a brand that is known to have poor components and will constantly need to be in the garage, even if the work is done for free...

My Vestax is more than 8 years old, bought second hand form a scratch DJ, no problems at all, nothing....

My point is I think a lot of people think of mixers like shoes, you buy em, use em till they wear out, then replace them...

If you get a decent brand it'll never wear out (save for the odd new fader every few years)...

Anyway I know I'm always going on about this so I'll stop ranting now ;)

thats all good and fair but i use mine every day and its fine... whats the problem???? maybe behringer have finally made a decent mixer is the general impression i get from scanning over the net. For what you get for your money i took a risk and its paying off. If it fucks up i will be honest and truthfull and post on here for people to crucify me :P

thats all good and fair but i use mine every day and its fine... whats the problem???? maybe behringer have finally made a decent mixer is the general impression i get from scanning over the net. For what you get for your money i took a risk and its paying off. If it fucks up i will be honest and truthfull and post on here for people to crucify me :P

Can't say fairer than that, good on ya! If it don't fuck up then I'll happily change my mind and admit I'm wrong :)

dis agree..... the DJM series is by far the best mixers..... LOVE THEM!!!

Fair play dude, different strokes for different folks mayne!!

So uyou recomend this?? does it have a sampler and effects?

Yeh would seriously reccomend this mate, haven't personally got one but my mate does and I've had a good few goes on it. This is what I'll be purchasing when I upgrade. It's the standard mixer in most of the clubs. Hasn't got fancy effects like DJM series but the sound quality is unmatchable and the filters are fucking incredible.

This website should help you to check it out man, click on the 3 pics at the bottom:

http://www.xone.co.uk/62/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom