New Mixer ideas. !

djpeach

Original Nuttah
Right...

When i get back to UK next month the 1st thing to buy is a new mixer-

My DJM600 is ok, but its a little past its time!!

Before being really boring and going out and buying a djm800 i thought i'd post on here to get some suggestions.

The DJM-800 is nice, user friendly, MIDI, and i like the additional color effects on the left. Club standard blah blah blah

I have never used any of the other brand's top-end mixers, other than some club rack mount allen and heath mixer, which was ok- different feel to pioneers for sure.

( I use Serato Sl3 - with 3 Channels plus one extra tt, so im not limited by needing a shed load of phono inputs, like some of the turntable nuttahs ive seen on this forum!)

So... xone 92? 62? 42? db4? denon???

Suggestions welcome!

You're the guy with too many decks right? Sell one of your cdj's and buy a top of the range Xone imo...

DJM 800 should be at a good price at the mo, since the they made a new improved version (DJM 900)...

True, they are going for 600ish on ebay on a good deal... Ive had a look at the djm900 nexus, looks really good. it has an inbuilt soundcard for use with traktor & i dont want to be paying for an extra feature i wont use... but its a possibilty. anyone used the new 900? i dont think it can be that much better to warrant spending an extra grand rather than a 2nd hand 800!!!

You're the guy with too many decks right? Sell one of your cdj's and buy a top of the range Xone imo...

?? 2 cdjs 2 tt's and a 3rd tt if i can be bothered. so xone 62 or 92? 62 seems a fair bit cheaper, what extra features do you get for your money with the 92?

allen & heath's for me...used an 800 before but I guess its just personal preference over people who like pioneer to heaths...

?? 2 cdjs 2 tt's and a 3rd tt if i can be bothered. so xone 62 or 92? 62 seems a fair bit cheaper, what extra features do you get for your money with the 92?

5 deck rinseout?? Post a mix!!

If you can find one of the bigger Urei mixers they are amazing. Ecler's are good as well I've used the Nuo, Evo (Evo 4 is amazing!) and one of their older designs I found in the stores at work which was set out weird but sounded great! If you want to fuck about with fx and integrate a digital setup theres the Korg Zero8. If you don't already have Serato and want it you could go for one of the new Rane mixers that have it inegrated.

If I had the money I'd get the Zero8 purely for how much fun it has and the huge potential it has creatively if you learn how to use it properly! It not like if you don't have a Pioneer or A&H and come to one in a club you wont be able to use it.

Ecler's are good as well I've used the Nuo, Evo (Evo 4 is amazing!)

What are the effects like on the evo4? ive watched a few videos on youtube, but its still quite difficult to tell- i quite like the look of the wet/dry faders. Dont need loads of complicated fx- decent filters ( also like echo/delay for mixing house).

The 4 band eq on the xone series is quite appealing for making super smooth mixes and live mashups ( also would match my xd-53s lol) do any other mixers have this function?

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

allen & heath's for me...used an 800 before but I guess its just personal preference over people who like pioneer to heaths...

5 deck rinseout?? Post a mix!!

Haha i wish! Won't be in the UK for another month, missing my setup! its only 4 deck mayhem at the moment anyway... not that im complaining lol

Back
Top Bottom