New Mixer A&H Xone 22

DJ Wizz

Bless, Union, Force FM
VIP Junglist
My dad agreed ti getting me this for my 19th. Gonna go pick it up 2moro :) NICE

http://www.westenddj.co.uk/product.asp?mod=XONE-22

SxPIrgevWMxone22_top.jpg

hnmmmm that vestax does look nice but only 2 phono inputs is a bit cheeky for a 4 channel mixer at that price... altho the xone 42 does that aswell... doesnt make any sense to me ny these top brands do things like that as it probs means people r more inclined to buying the downsized mixers. i considered a xone 42 but seeming as i cudnt hook up a 3rd deck anyway thort wats the point in forking out all that extra.

i think xone 22 is wikid value for money as A&H have such high build quality... i think the only 3 mixer brands worth mentioning are A&H, Pioneer, and Vestax

hnmmmm that vestax does look nice but only 2 phono inputs is a bit cheeky for a 4 channel mixer at that price... altho the xone 42 does that aswell... doesnt make any sense to me ny these top brands do things like that as it probs means people r more inclined to buying the downsized mixers. i considered a xone 42 but seeming as i cudnt hook up a 3rd deck anyway thort wats the point in forking out all that extra.

i think xone 22 is wikid value for money as A&H have such high build quality... i think the only 3 mixer brands worth mentioning are A&H, Pioneer, and Vestax

You could just buy the XONE 42 and then 2 phono to line converters like this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MD-PRE-AMPLIFIER-PHONO-TO-LINE-CONVERTER_W0QQitemZ130303757594QQcmdZViewItem

It will save you about £400.

Vestax mixers are solid and very reliable, from my experiance with them anyways. i was considering the A&H xone22, best 2 channel out there for the dollar imo and the filters are very desirable. however i came across a Denon DNX100 for £150 with the Penny & Giles Crossfader in mint condish and bought that - very solid mixer with cool features (no fx though)

your gonna love that little A&H mate for sure, good choice! should last you donkeys too as they are really robust little blenders, and with all the pro outputs:)

Last edited:
I agree A&H have amazing filter cuts. My Vestax isn't so wonderful at them but I can live with it.

i can imagine how tempting it would be to use the filter on every single mix lol

you lucky sod! how much you paying for it if can be so bold to ask? haha, just seen the link.

i think its worth £299 - its a worthy investment guvnor

Good buy, I would of saved up a bit personally and gone for a 3 or 4 channel mixer but thats me

yep yep got it yesterday... paid 300 on it and a tenna on cables... its fucking immense... wikid little mixer and the filters sound amazing and it looks fucking great...

if im honest there was two disappointments ive cum across but nothing major...

it has no crossfader reverse switch which means i have to manually switch over the inputs to scratch (i shuda checked this out before buying tho i spose and its not a major issue as i hardly ever scratch whilst in the mix)

i have set up my kaoss pad to the effects send n return, however when the effects loop is turned on the sound levels dip (this could be down to the kaoss pad itself or even the phono leads ive used as i havnt checked either of them yet) but as it stands i cant effect one channel at a time because the sound just dips out when its turned on. just outa interest has any1 else had this problem n know any solutions???

does the pad have a gain/level control on it at all?
are the send and returns on the mixer balanced jacks?
there must be a way to bring the kaoss pad back up to line level though...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom