New Mix - Kerb Competition [Critical, Samurai, Symmetry, Dispatch, Footprints....]

jack2290

New mix for the Kerb Comp, bit of a late entry! Features mostly various styles of deep and rolling drum and bass.

Any feedback appreciated!

Recorded on 2x Pioneer CDJ 1000 MK3 & Numark M4 Mixer

Tracklist:

Mauoq - Abracadabra - (Absys)
Calibre - Plugs - (Footprints Music)
Bcee - Chameleon (Savage Rehab & Mcleod remix) - (Spearhead)
Hibea - Ellipse - (IM:Ltd)
Quadrant - Scandal - (CIA Recordings)
Enei - Trainchaser - (Critical Music)
Ed:it - Need You - (Demand)
Eastcolors - Go To Nowhere - (Phunkfiction)
Calibre - Notting Hill - (Signature)
Zero T - Roxy Music - (Dispatch Recordings)
Tokyo Prose - Raised By Wolves - (Samurai Music)
Random Movement - Many Things - (Intrigue Music)
Blu Mar Ten - Overwhelm (Seba remix) - (Blu Mar Ten Music)
Vicious Circle & Nocturnal Sunshine - Operation Index - (Revolution Recordings)
Eastcolors - Watch Out - (Symmetry Recordings)
Mercy - Blackjack - (Samurai Music)
Enei - One Chance (Emperor remix) - (Critical Music)
Need For Mirrors - Skip Rope - (Symmetry Recordings)
Icicle - Still U - (Celsius)
Dose - Reason Being - (Samurai Music)
Break - Winter Sun - (Shogun Audio)

Last edited:
Re: New Mix - Kerb Competition [Critical, Samurai, Symmetry, Dispatch, Footprints....

Nice Mix Jack. Some bits I've never heard like Vicious Circle's tune. Wicked!!
And a couple of them are my favorite tunes for me at the moment like: Notting Hill and Roxy Music.
And you mixed them really nice together. Really Nice!!

Overall: really nice mix tot listen to!!

p.s:Winter sun came out on Shogun.

Re: New Mix - Kerb Competition [Critical, Samurai, Symmetry, Dispatch, Footprints....

on this Jack. Done that Notting Hill > Roxy Music mix a few times myself.
In fact I just love any mix with Roxy Music in at the mo!

Will come back with some thoughts.

I'll have some.

Let me know what you think mate!

Nice Mix Jack. Some bits I've never heard like Vicious Circle's tune. Wicked!!
And a couple of them are my favorite tunes for me at the moment like: Notting Hill and Roxy Music.
And you mixed them really nice together. Really Nice!!

Overall: really nice mix tot listen to!!

p.s:Winter sun came out on Shogun.

Nice one man glad you liked it! My bad forgot to double check

on this Jack. Done that Notting Hill > Roxy Music mix a few times myself.
In fact I just love any mix with Roxy Music in at the mo!

Will come back with some thoughts.

Yeah the two go hand in hand, love roxy music easily favourite tune for me at the moment. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it

yes mate! looks good, will leave some thoughts in due course

Nice. Tracklist looks a beaut. Looking forward to hearing Notting HIll > Roxy Music > Raised by Wolves.

Any chance you've got a direct link to a download? Soundcloud isn't very mobile friendly.

Last edited:

Sorry for taking so long to return with some feedback, been really busy lately, just finally got round to listening to all those mixes which appeared in here in the meantime. Really lovely stuff, as expected, basically any mix with Still U is an insta-DL thing for me. The overall vibe of this is right up my street, those mostly subtle stripped-back tunes alongside your careful mixing make it a very easy listening, which I always appreciate. Loved the opening of the mix, can't really fault anything, Notting Hill > Roxy Music > Raised By Wolves > Many Things has to be my favourite part, pure vibes. Mixes with Still U lived up to my expectations and props for ending the mix with Dose/Break usual rollers, good to hear Winter Sun in the mix after a long time, nice final touch. Good luck in the competition mate, big mix once again :)

Nice. Tracklist looks a beaut. Looking forward to hearing Notting HIll > Roxy Music > Raised by Wolves.

Any chance you've got a direct link to a download? Soundcloud isn't very mobile friendly.

I'l set one up mate

Sorry for taking so long to return with some feedback, been really busy lately, just finally got round to listening to all those mixes which appeared in here in the meantime. Really lovely stuff, as expected, basically any mix with Still U is an insta-DL thing for me. The overall vibe of this is right up my street, those mostly subtle stripped-back tunes alongside your careful mixing make it a very easy listening, which I always appreciate. Loved the opening of the mix, can't really fault anything, Notting Hill > Roxy Music > Raised By Wolves > Many Things has to be my favourite part, pure vibes. Mixes with Still U lived up to my expectations and props for ending the mix with Dose/Break usual rollers, good to hear Winter Sun in the mix after a long time, nice final touch. Good luck in the competition mate, big mix once again :)

Cheers man that's some great feedback, glad you liked it! Yeah selection wise wanted to go for stripped back minimal tunes mostly. Did you make it into the final five?

Back
Top Bottom