New Metallica

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
[youtube]wEghrqL150Y[/youtube]

Like the intro, sounds like the good Metallica (pre black album)

Bit dissapointing when it dropped. Glad they got that bass drum that Lars uses back. Hetfield got his shitty country voice on though. Prefer his anger voice.

Good old typical Metallca breakdown. Sounds a bit Megadeth like here, the riffing especially.

The breakdown at 4:20 sounds very like Creeping Death, then a bit like One. Then straight into a typical Metallica solo.

All in all, much much better than I thought their new stuff was gonna be. Sounds pretty old school

B

BDS

Huuuuuge Improvement on St Sanger

Sound's like it should have come off load or reload with a bit of black album stlee mixed in there

B,

Last edited by a moderator:

Kibon

Blaze It Down !
VIP Junglist
A looot better then st anger ! can't wait for their new album .. I tought it was getting released real soon ..

Kibon

Blaze It Down !
VIP Junglist
Anyone knowes if they're still working with that shitty producer Rob Rock ? I heard that they were gonna fire him because james &co weren't that happy with the sound of st anger..

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
Produced by Rick Rubin (License To Ill, Blood Sugar Sex Magic, genius).

The intro is entirely Black Album. I mean completely. Well maybe a little Load. Its not pre-Black Album.

Riffing - yeah, Megadeth & early Metallica - not surprising what with Megadeth=Early Metallica. But those swooping almost orchestral parallel guitar riffs are Metallica more than Megadeth

I'm a big fan of Metallica - have listened to them a lot and they got me into making music - on my guitar.

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
I'm a big fan of Metallica - have listened to them a lot and they got me into making music - on my guitar.
If anyone wants a bass player inspire them search ryan martinie. Hes the bass player from mudvayne(my favourite band atm) and hes incredibley creative...if u see him play bass its amazing..his hands are so fast its like hes in a world of his own....best bass player ive seen..or heard

B

BDS

nah bruv the best bassist in the world is from a punk band called rancid, i think his name is brett cant rememba haha'

quality band!

(b4 they sold out that is)

Olllie

Bom Bom Cloud
VIP Junglist
Metallica don't cover pendulum songs!

I like this but his vocals just irritate me. Saw them live at Reading Festival and they played mainly their old stuff, still amazing to see. 'One' is the best thing they've done.

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
Metallica don't cover pendulum songs!
lol think it was a joke.. oh wait.. is that a joke too.... oh im confused.

Sounds good though, and im not the biggest fan of Metallica..

They killed it at Reading! Was sooooo drunk for that!

Last edited:
B

BDS

'One' is the best thing they've done.
no no no no noo

not by far mate there is too much to mention that is all on the same level,

back ion the day they could do no wrong
for example the forgoten gems "leper messiah" "blackened" "harvester of sorrow" etc...

I could go on.

Borf™

Borf
VIP Junglist
Harvester of Sorrow is the best song off Justice I reckon. Leper Messiah is in my top ten Tallica tunes.

I've heard the whole of their new album, and to be honest, it's pretty sick.

Much better than Load, Reload, St Anger and The Black album.