Stevey

hi everyone. have just started trying to mix DnB and am having some troubles. I started with house and have real trouble with the beat matching with DnB becuase of the tempo and also because im not great on the decks. am very new to djing and could do with some tips or ideas which could help me. thanks.

2x pioneer cdj 100
Kam bpm junior mixer

A tip for ya dnb an beat counters dont tend to mix, best bet is to learn by ear mate it just takes time and effort. Its just a case of learning how to seperate two diffrent songs in your head.

I started off on house music too, when I try to mix it now I find it so difficult as the beats are too slow. You just have to get used to the beats and match them

all i can say is, just keep on practising. i remember when i first started how shit i was and i couldnt be bothered to mix cos i sounded shit but it just clicked at some point and i just got better and better. takes a lot of time though

do some searches on here there's some excellent advice in some of the other threads! Best to just go tune by tune. Start with your 2 most simple and mix them into each other till its easy, then add a another record, once thats easy add another etc etc. Record what you're doing and listen back, even if its shit listening will help you figure out what you're doing wrong.

P.S.

Practice, practice, practice!

Back
Top Bottom