new member, new track (in progress)

impressive drum break.

you might be new to the forum.. but i dont believe you are new to productions haha how long you been on it?

good stuff man. most impressed with your hi hats. have u high passed them all??
it sounds really wicked man...

the drums (snare in particular) have a bit of a live drum kit sound to them which im not used to but it works really well for this tune.

looking forward to hearing more mate

@lucid...

thanks, man. i started in college (few years ago) when my roommate and i had, well, let's just call it a "copy" of logic. i had been spinning dnb for about a decade at that point. we scrapped together about 12 tracks. i will post some if i can find them.

anyway, all the gear was his, so when i moved away i stopped producing. after a while in a real job, i just went out and got a new macbook pro and a real copy of logic. holy sh*t, my life just got cooler!

finally, to answer your question. i high-cut each hi hat track in logic. typically i have two audio channels, one closed hat and one open hat, both hi-cut to whatever sounds good. then, several layers of hi hat loops (mostly self written, some commercially available (i'm loving that DNB masterclass cd right now!), all have hi-cuts. many also have filters or some other type of motion...

sorry for the long-winded post, i guess new people have a lot to share to catch up!

@lucid...

thanks, man. i started in college (few years ago) when my roommate and i had, well, let's just call it a "copy" of logic. i had been spinning dnb for about a decade at that point. we scrapped together about 12 tracks. i will post some if i can find them.

anyway, all the gear was his, so when i moved away i stopped producing. after a while in a real job, i just went out and got a new macbook pro and a real copy of logic. holy sh*t, my life just got cooler!

finally, to answer your question. i high-cut each hi hat track in logic. typically i have two audio channels, one closed hat and one open hat, both hi-cut to whatever sounds good. then, several layers of hi hat loops (mostly self written, some commercially available (i'm loving that DNB masterclass cd right now!), all have hi-cuts. many also have filters or some other type of motion...

sorry for the long-winded post, i guess new people have a lot to share to catch up!

wicked wicked na mate i posted a longer response than this yesterday haha..

its all good, im glad you went back on the productions tho; good investment.
uve inspired me to have a go at some more complex hats with more HP. urs sound really good.

and i really appretiate the feedback on click it means alot man! :) bigupyaself

quite a kl song actually, definatly worth a listen. Im liking your sounds, Not to sure on the drums! i used to love drumkit sounding drums but wait till you hear your tune out somewhere, the snare in particular will probably sound woody.
Liking it thou man, and like the other guy said, those Hats are top draw, wikid stuff!

thanks for the help, i'll take a look at that snare. when i go back and listen, i agree. and thanks for the props on the hats - i spent a long time scheming on hi hat techniques with my old roommate!

Back
Top Bottom