New member, need some help recreating this bass sound :)

Discussion in 'Production' started by yawarm, May 9, 2012.

1. yawarm

yawarm New Member

Hey all, so after struggling with this bass sound for the better part of the day I've decided I need some help and hence found myself as part of this forum.. I'd consider myself fairly competent at sound design/music production in general and hoping to contribute as well as learn a few things myself..

In that spirit, wondering if you lot could give me some pointers as to how to remake this mono bass sound..

sounds like 4-6 saws with distortion but for the life of me i can't seem to get it right.. not even sure im using the right sort of destortion.. been using ohmicide but it sounds more to me like guitar distortion

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance, here's the link

Hey all, so after struggling with this bass sound for the better part of the day I've decided I need some help and hence found myself as part of this forum.. I'd consider myself fairly competent at sound design/music production in general and hoping to contribute as well as learn a few things myself..

In that spirit, wondering if you lot could give me some pointers as to how to remake this mono bass sound..

sounds like 4-6 saws with distortion but for the life of me i can't seem to get it right.. not even sure im using the right sort of destortion.. been using ohmicide but it sounds more to me like guitar distortion

any help would be greatly appreciated :)

---------- Post added at 02:40 ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 ----------

cant post the link :(

www7.zippyshare.com/v/94982080/file.htm

2. felun

felun Member

what bass are you trying to copy..got a you tube link of song /artist ?

3. yawarm

yawarm New Member

Thanks man, it is this sound
    www7.zippyshare.com/v/94982080/file.htm

taken from this track
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLYEBZJmIs4

There are at least three bass sounds in there.. i've isolated one in the clip order to hear it better

4. felun

felun Member

the bass at 1.22?

5. yawarm

yawarm New Member

Yes please, thats the one, the sub part isnt a problem, it's the other i'm having a hard time with

ta

6. neddez

neddez Member