New member, need some advice from the vets!

-=$LY=-

D'n'B noob
Your all probably gonna think im some crazy noob, and youd be right, i accidentaly stumbled onto this site, and was bored and picked up an MP3 from one of the posts, the song was Sentinel by Pyro i think, all i can say is OMFG, drum 'n' bass is da bomb, the MP3 quality was a bit poor, but the tunes are smokin.

Now i listen to alot of different styles of music, hip hop, R&B, dance trance ect.. ive heard a bit of drum n base in the past but probably only commercial stuff, and ive never been able to get hold of any drum and base to try it out, i hear all the good stuff is on vinyl ect.. now im no DJ or anything like that and never felt the need to buy a set of decks or anything like that, if i like a song, i either buy the album on CD or download it via MP3, trying to find decent d'n'b on kazaa has been fruitless, just wondering if you guys can point me in the right direction for getting some smokin d'n'b tunes on MP3 format?

-=$LY=- said:
Your all probably gonna think im some crazy noob, and youd be right, i accidentaly stumbled onto this site, and was bored and picked up an MP3 from one of the posts, the song was Sentinel by Pyro i think, all i can say is OMFG, drum 'n' bass is da bomb, the MP3 quality was a bit poor, but the tunes are smokin.

Now i listen to alot of different styles of music, hip hop, R&B, dance trance ect.. ive heard a bit of drum n base in the past but probably only commercial stuff, and ive never been able to get hold of any drum and base to try it out, i hear all the good stuff is on vinyl ect.. now im no DJ or anything like that and never felt the need to buy a set of decks or anything like that, if i like a song, i either buy the album on CD or download it via MP3, trying to find decent d'n'b on kazaa has been fruitless, just wondering if you guys can point me in the right direction for getting some smokin d'n'b tunes on MP3 format?
I hear Soulseek is good this time of year - http://www.slsknet.org/

Good luck :thumbsup:

-=$LY=- said:

i love this post :cheerlead i can't quite pinpoint why, but the whole thing is just beautiful :gpeace:

all i can say is, welcome to the underground

there are a few drum & bass CD's you'll be able to find down at your local HMV...... Omni Trio "Volume 1993-2003", London Elektricity "Billion Dollar Gravy", Adam F and Fresh present Breakbeat Kaos (mix CD), Un-Cut "The Uncalculated Some" (not all dnb but some nice tracks)

there'll also be a few others along the lines of "DJ Hype Live @ Fabric", "Grooverider Live @ Fabric", "Goldie Live @ Fabric" etc etc etc

other then those, i dont think anyone can blame you to turning to mp3's seeing as vinyl is so damn pricey...

I like the tape packs. I think that they are good for when you are out and about and you can listen to them on ya walkmans. With CD Portable, they rinse the batteries, and jog about. Keep it old skool!

Young man, you'd prolly be best off checking this forum regularly as most choons, items and topics of conversation are here, and the rest is just a click away.

Thanks everyone, rummiging thru the net now looking for some more smokin choons :D

thanks for all the links and help!

:rave: :devilslay

Heard a track on radio one, was called "Rinse it out proper" byt john B or somthing like that, is that d'n'b or somthing different?

Last edited:
and yes "rinse it out propa" (or blandwagon poos as it was previously and better known) is dnb, but its a piss-take of a piss-take, so dont read too much into it :D

(steve, who cant be bothered to sign out of rich's account and back in again)

Back
Top Bottom