New member: been listening since the late 90's

FiveSix

Hey, Been listening since the late 90's. Never really networked with anyone but I've been listening on and off since about 98. Was a bedroom dj for a couple years and have some decent vinyl I'm proud of.

Lost interest with records for a long time, probably bought my last one in 05 and decided to break em out and now I'm addicted again. Don't know where to start with some low budget hardware essentials so if anyone can point me to some threads that would be great. Just lingering around, figured I'd join up and contribute even though I'm all feel with no knowledge but hey, might as well say hello and be a part of the forum. Glad to find this place and feel like I'm not the only one in the world who loves this stuff

hello and welcome!
if u still have your turntables and want to start mixing with some new tunes but dont wanna break the bank check out serato or similar, and download legal mp3s for a fraction of the cost of vinyl

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice TY. I wasn't sure which way to go. Watched the video and It seems simple enough, and cheaper than buying 5 records a week like I used to. all the new technology that I ignored in it's roots (early 2000's) has officially screwed me lol. breakbeat co uk recommended for downloads? Itunes quality is ok or no?

itunes is pretty shit if you ask me. breakbeat is good cause you get loads of tunes and its pretty cheap.

id recommend beatport and trackitdown.

welcome!

Nice TY. I wasn't sure which way to go. Watched the video and It seems simple enough, and cheaper than buying 5 records a week like I used to. all the new technology that I ignored in it's roots (early 2000's) has officially screwed me lol. breakbeat co uk recommended for downloads? Itunes quality is ok or no?

I think itunes is 256kbps so not good enough quality for playing out.

breakbeat.co.uk
junodownload.com
trackitdown.net
beatport.com

are all good places :)

I think itunes is 256kbps so not good enough quality for playing out.

breakbeat.co.uk
junodownload.com
trackitdown.net
beatport.com

are all good places :)

im a vinyl addict so im not one to really give advice on serato and whatever but personally i'd download the WAV's if they're available, just cos they'll sound that little bit extra better than 320kbps mp3, but downside is they'll take up more hard drive space

Back
Top Bottom