Drum & Bass New mainstream Dnb remix - Jonny Jack - Wide Open (Aelian Remix)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Aelian, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Aelian

Aelian New Member

Hi all !

I'm new to this forum so i'll introduce myself first , i've been producing for a little bit more than 2 years and recently got into producing dubstep and drum&bass . I try to approach a different side of the genre in each of my track , this one has been influenced by the productions of Drumsound & Bassline Smith and Kamo and Crooked , "maistream" drum & bass . Its actually not the final mix , i am still working on some aspect of it before i submit it to the quantum remix contest so im listening out for constructive criticism !

Hope you enjoy :

If you like this track , i invite you to check out my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aelian/117455595015897?sk=wall !

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  2. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

Liking the drums, vocal sits well in the mix. Don't particularly like the synth that comes in with the bass sound straight after the drop. I would prob introduce that a bit later or maybe just get rid of it and leave to the breakdowns. I find the 'i need your love' vocal loop a little repetitive too but i do really like the little beat repeat effect or sample chopping that you have done. Perhaps more of that to add some variation to the vocal loop?

Other than that good job hope thats useful :)

3. Aelian

Aelian New Member

Yeah some of the things youv just mentionned are next on my todo list for this track , like the vocal sample being to repetitive . I'm kinda struggling to get that sidechained chord synth to work within the track but i fear that the tracks gonna lack movement if i stick with only the bassline !

4. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Why not try more automation of the synth chord, or bouncing the chord and bass off each other in a complementary way.

5. Aelian

Aelian New Member

Yeah i dont want to mess around too much with the bass sound , as i find it fine the way it is , the problems lies more imo in the chord changes that are maybe too abrupt !

6. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

The piano bit comes in on the breakdown bit before the three min mark sounds like shrink wrapped brie.. Really messed up the vibe for me.

Don't really like the vocals, but as previously mentioned they sit well in the mix.

All in all a pretty god damned well produced track, I think you could have taken the "Camo and Crooked" vibe even further to be honest.