New loud Drum n Bass track for review please

Liking the composition a lot! The kick sounds abit to thin for my liking though, needs a lot more low end punch, not a huge fan of the snare sample either. So definitely work on your drums in future... but nice work man!

Hi momentum thanks for the review. in terms of getting more low end punch from the kick would you layer another kick sample with the existing ? When you say not a fan of the snare sample is that both snares you don't like coz I used two snares one in the 1st drop one in the second. I'd like to make the drums better (not quite sure how think some of the hats etc are too quiet to be heard so i'm upping there vol) are there any particularly obvious ways I can go about it?
Thanks man...

Snare wise the second is a lot better. I'd use it in both drops just to keep consistency to be honest. I'd maybe use an envelope shaper just to shorten to release slightly to make it a bit less splashy in the high end. For the kick I'd layer another sample if the current one doesnt have the necessary low end, i.e. if you've EQ'd it out. You can usually get away with EQing out below 50-60Hz maximum just to keep as much weight as possible without conflicting with the sub. But yeah if not, definately try layering another kick, but be careful they don't phase with each other.

Hi momentum thanks for the review. in terms of getting more low end punch from the kick would you layer another kick sample with the existing ? When you say not a fan of the snare sample is that both snares you don't like coz I used two snares one in the 1st drop one in the second. I'd like to make the drums better (not quite sure how think some of the hats etc are too quiet to be heard so i'm upping there vol) are there any particularly obvious ways I can go about it?
Thanks man...

Synth work is really good, can appreciate the amount of time and effort that must have gone into this. Like the arrangement and overall vibe but the stuttering vocal "Washed away a a a a..." either goes a bit out of time or out of key on both drops and doesn't sound quite as slick as the rest of it. Might just need a bit of fine tuning, Really nice work overall though.

Back
Top Bottom