New Logic X Update

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
It's available now in the App Store and it's HUGE (about 800 MB). In addition to a few new drummers (about 5 GB of new content) and a ton of fixes (and long requested workflow options), there is a gorgeous new interface + new processing options (ex. stereo left, right, middle or side signals only) for the channel/linear EQ that I hope will carry over to Logic's other stock plugins.

It's nice to see the audio team at Apple has made good on their promise to provide a continuous stream of updates and additions.

For a breakdown of the update go here.

Dat EQ doe. I mean, ive always liked logics EQ, but this looks like something you'd pay quite a bit of money for. M/S and oversampling? Now i dont have to buy fabfiter! Also the bug fixes look great, they should stop affecting my workflow now.

Last edited:
Dat EQ doe. I mean, ive always liked logics EQ, but this looks like something you'd pay quite a bit of money for. M/S and oversampling? Now i dont have to buy fabfiter! Also the bug fixes look great, they should stop affecting my workflow now.

If the EQ is any indication of how the other stock plugins will look in future updates (ahem, compressor) then we are in for a helluva treat.

If the EQ is any indication of how the other stock plugins will look in future updates (ahem, compressor) then we are in for a helluva treat.
Hell yes. I'm really liking the new design principles (other than the bigger font), and i cant wait to see old favourites of mine get a fresh update.
Speaking of X, have you given Retro Synth a spin? Its a fucking beast. Got a great sound and heaps of flexibility.

Hell yes. I'm really liking the new design principles (other than the bigger font), and i cant wait to see old favourites of mine get a fresh update.
Speaking of X, have you given Retro Synth a spin? Its a fucking beast. Got a great sound and heaps of flexibility.
I didn't think I'd like it, but the gorgeous/straightforward layout and the whole 4 synths in 1 thing kinda sold me. It goes well with the arpeggiator MIDI Fx insert.

I literally bum LPX waaayyy too much lol! So good, and now even gooder! Sped up my work flow something chronic!

I can't wIt until I have Logic X.

I must say though I'd seriously recommend the fab filter plug ins to whoever said they aren't gunna buy them.

I don't really like the sound of the channel eq or the linear phase eq when filtering. Steep curves sound lovely on the fab filter eq.

I've been using the Softube focus g eq for sweetening. The saturation sounds nice when used in parallel processing

- - - Updated - - -

Softube focusing eq*

I can't wIt until I have Logic X.

I must say though I'd seriously recommend the fab filter plug ins to whoever said they aren't gunna buy them.

I don't really like the sound of the channel eq or the linear phase eq when filtering. Steep curves sound lovely on the fab filter eq.

I've been using the Softube focus g eq for sweetening. The saturation sounds nice when used in parallel processing

- - - Updated - - -

Softube focusing eq*
You will definitely love Logic X. This new update in particular addresses many longstanding nagging workflow issues (ex: there is now an option that will rename all of your events when you rename the respective track).

I agree with you wholeheartedly about Fabilter Q (and Fabfilter C), sonically sexy and I love that I can add unlimited points for notches/bells–no need for opening multiple instances of the same plugin (unless you're using m/s, but I digress).

Having said that...I think you will find the algorithims under the hood of the new channel/linear eq produce a much more pleasant result–especially with regards to surgical EQing and mild notch bumps for enhancements. Also, it seems that there is no longer that little resonance bump/ring that occured when using a heavy Q (36/48). Oddly enough, I found the layout of the new EQ to have a somewhat "inspired" aesthetic similar to that of Fabfilter Q. :)

wow...that is a seriously huge update...
makes consider the move to Logic Pro X for applications like soundtracking and so on.
and the new interfaces for the EQs look gorgeous!

I gotta say despite all this my mouse cursor still locks and doesn't change sometimes (LPX bug) - very annoying :(

Back
Top Bottom