New liquid track I'm working on. Feedback appreciated

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Maerode, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Maerode

Maerode New Member

Hey guys, I've been working on a new liquid track and I'd appreciate some feedback on what I've made so far.
    Still need to do some work on the drums, some more variation etc and want to add a couple more things to keep it from getting boring.
    All suggestions and or feedback are welcome!

soundcloud.com/aetherialistic/v4-1/s-ovcHu

maschinistom likes this.
  2. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

hello, i like you tune, esp. the piano loop. very chilly easy going vibe. imo i would change the drums, are too prominent for me but it's personal taste. the vocals could be more in front, esp. in the break you could add some effects to the vocals. otherwise, cool tune, like it ! :)

3. Maerode

Maerode New Member

Thanks for the feedback! Like I said, the drums still need a lot of work, maybe I'll make completely new drums at some point, I don't know yet. I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep the vocals or not but I just let them stay for now. I'll see what I can do with them to make it sound better, or I might remove them.

4. CuriosityKilledTheCat

CuriosityKilledTheCat MissingNo

Hey man ! lovely vibe, I like it. I'd say leave the vocals, they fit well in the track I think you can even repeat them a bit during the 'drops'. maybe add a bit of reverb and delay on it so it's a bit smoother.

the drums need some work as you said. About variation, I think filtering the drums is a good way to make the track feel more alive, for example highpass the drums at some point (for 8 bars or something, before a breakdown or before a drop) then later in the track you can build the drums with a lowpass etc.

Also at 2:56 I'd add a vocal reverb tail to make the transition smoother. check out the first technique explained in this video to know what i'm talking about :p

Still need a bit of work but very enjoyable to listen overall :)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  5. Maerode

Maerode New Member

Thank you for the feedback.
    I changed up the drums, I think they sound a lot better now. As for the vocals, I removed them from the break and put them at the drops instead, with some delay on them. Made a completely new break.
    I like that vocal reverb tail technique but I'll have to figure out how to do that in FL Studio. Thanks tho!

Here's an updated version:
    soundcloud.com/aetherialistic/v6-1/s-hMU5v

6. Maerode

Maerode New Member