New liquid track from myself!

Infrasound

Easy everybody. Been working on a new tune for a couple of days. Still a rough mix, just wanted some feedback, pointers etc. while I'm still in the production phase!

Breakdown is pretty bare I know, haven't decided what to do with that yet. Also I wanted to put a vocal on it but can't for the life of me find any acapellers that are suitable. Maybe it doesn't need one though?

Anyway here it is..

http://soundcloud.com/infrasound/untitled-choon

Nice one :D

I think its def got some potential in there, just a matter of subtlety, arrangment, additional elements and a tasty mixdown. The lead lfo is def too loud IMO. Dont rush this one man! pretty cool so far tho.

I'm liking that!!
Um, nice tune as a package, mix sounded alittle crowded on my technics headphones and it could do with some spit n polish, but damn the tune really worked.. sweet n simple.

See what you mean about needing a vocal maybe.. can recommend you pick up Fabio's liquid funk cd as there are a couple of tracks with similar vibe on there and they have sublime vocals.. (track names escape me-sorry)

(Just realised I'm defo a liquid man :) )

Liking it alot, and really look forward to a complete version!!
Respect!

Last edited:
I dig the warbled/distorted lead coming in after the 2nd break. def. sounds like you know your style, just need some polish and attention to detail on the mixdown I'd say.

try to match one of your fave tunes in terms of overall EQing, volume of certain elements (kick, snare, hats, bass, lead, surface-noise etc.), any compression, etc. on certain elements or compression techniques being used on the mixdown. see where you end up

(y)

I think its def got some potential in there, just a matter of subtlety, arrangment, additional elements and a tasty mixdown. The lead lfo is def too loud IMO. Dont rush this one man! pretty cool so far tho.

Gotta agree with that, sounding sick mate, just needs a bit more work on settling all the parts together.

Can imagine it smashing a late night dancefloor.

Its pretty basic, but im sure it has more potential, of you add a vocal in, and maybe fill the bassline somewhat it would help.
Props!

Yeah, as been said that lfo'd lead is a bit loud in the mix. Drums are pretty nice.
To me it sounds like you could swap the levels on your bass and lead (mix wise) and maybe lower the drums a fraction to help everything sit better. Dunno.
Potential's there.

Cheers chaps, it really is a massive help getting some feedback from you all.

Spent all day today just working on the mix and cleaning everything up like you said. Also added a little vocal. Definitely sounding better than before I think. Anyway I'll post up a new link when I'm done! Safe.

Cheers chaps, it really is a massive help getting some feedback from you all.

Spent all day today just working on the mix and cleaning everything up like you said. Also added a little vocal. Definitely sounding better than before I think. Anyway I'll post up a new link when I'm done! Safe.

Remember, mixing for hours is offputting man. Crossreference with another tune you like quite regularly.. after a while your brain 'thinks' its sounding spot on and you come back to the tune after a few hours break and everythings..... well fucked. lol.

It reminds me loads of a track... l.a.o.s i think. are you a fan?
cool though.. get some vocals. theres a torrent pack.. but u have to siv through a lot of crap

It reminds me loads of a track... l.a.o.s i think. are you a fan?
cool though.. get some vocals. theres a torrent pack.. but u have to siv through a lot of crap

Yeah I know Panda Style, quality tune! Just had a little gander at some other LAOS tunes on youtube though, pretty sweet. Definitely gonna be making some purchases!

Back
Top Bottom