NEW LIQUID (id love feedback on my drums production quality)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by W3st, Jul 11, 2012.

1. W3st

W3st Unsigned DnB Producer

Hey guys, heres a new liquid track ive been doing on the side, id love some feedback on the drum work primarily, like what yall think of the mix work and overall quality of the snares, kicks etc

cheers!

btw soleless is a pun :)

2. W3st

3. Neomind

Neomind Too many skulls!">:O

those kicks aren't having the weight (attack and sub) these should have in my opinion. When you do double fast kicks bear in mind these sound too robotic if there isn't involved any velocity changes in the midi.
    Apart from that, the snare and hi hats are quite good thought the whole mixdown could be improved in some ways, for example by bringing the hi hats JUST A BIT in the back, and some of the mellodies too... bass louder!
    =))
    Keep up the good work!!!

4. Nucleoid

Nucleoid Nucleoid Drum & Bass

You could use some more freqs on the snare maybe and some sub in the kick. Just let the subbass evade your kick when it hits with a side-chain compressor. With a very fast release, so you barely notice it, that could spice up your drums. Furthermore maybe the mastering could be redone a bit louder? Cheers mate, nice track

5. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I am not sure how I feel about the snare. I wish it had more crack. I think the kicks sound fine. You should take neominds advice though. I do know how I feel about the song and that it is fantastic. Really nice work.

6. Skuff

Skuff Well-Known Member

Like the track first and foremost. Loads of nice idea's.. Agree on the mix down comments though, but def a track with potential

7. modern

modern Member

This song is really cool, a lot of different aspects. I wish the snare was a bit "snappier", although. Most the other comments covered it, so I'll just say good job! It's good stuff, man.

8. W3st

ok good shit guys thanks for all the tips! Ill be sure to re edit it today ill post it for your all to download if you want it! cheers