New Liquid DNB track Preview

Where did you snatch that piano, sounds ace, albeit a bit thin. Would make me think that there's been a bass underneath that you've had to EQ out and that left the piano thin. I would emphasize the vocal parts more, bring out the organic part since the drums are so synthetic sounding.

The drums are weak, yes. Sounds like you've just chosen some basic drum sound samples in there, I'd advise to sample some classic funk breaks (check the breaks x-change thread on here) to make your drum sounds more realistic, or get a good sample pack or two that suit your style. Vengeance and Goldbaby are nice. Try layering more similiar single drum hits under your original kick and snare and see where that takes you.

The overall sound is thin as well, not just the drums. The pianos in all their minimal glory are good but the sound is toyish. Don't be afraid to turn up your bass, and make sure there is something in the bottom area (sub < 100Hz) as well, as that is what makes this stuff move the dancefloor, and that's what you're clearly aiming at.

dude that has so much potential to be a huge liquid tune, just get new drums, new bass, work on some sort of melody a synthy lead to go with the piano better, better bass.. haha umm, those vocals are awesome, piano riff is great clearly a nice steal : ). very moby..

id love to have a go at this damn you !

nice original tune too. : )

Last edited by a moderator:
im really liking the original tune, got a thing for instrumental hip hop, yeah, the drums are better, but still a bit off, id just its because its just a little plain when it drops, to me it really needs something to stand out more and be as loud as the drums, maybe widened strings or a pad, as i said, just a little plain, make it big! haha, easier said than done, think like high contrast, thats what the potential in this reminds me of.. sorry no specifics in there.. just keep at it

the drums sound better but theyre still not quite there!! there needs to be more in the mid range to fill out the track!! the sample is freakin sweeeet though stick with it and you could be on to a winner!!

Back
Top Bottom