New Label: Unreleased Vinyl Project - Alix Perez/dBridge - RSD

UnreleasedVinyl

The ‘Unreleased Vinyl Project’ is a brand new record label breaking the rules and fighting back against the digital revolution. UVP will be releasing exclusive tracks on vinyl that were formerly only available to download. In recent years people have been giving up on vinyl and digitalising their record collection. UVP are doing the opposite and re-mastering digital only releases to ltd edition 12" wax to fight back against the war on vinyl. The label will launch on Record Store Day (19th April 2014) to emphasize the importance of this release to the vinyl enthusiasts. The first release features 2 remixes from the acclaimed drum & bass producers dBridge and Alix Perez from Exit & Shogun Audio, which both have already received great support.

Submotion Orchestra - It's Not Me It's You (Alix Perez Rmx)
Submotion Orchestra are a seven piece band formed in 2009 influenced by dubstep, soul, ambient electronica, jazz and dub. The London/Leeds based band who have performed all over the UK & Europe, commissioned Alix Perez to remix their excellent track ‘It’s Not Me It’s You’ - the first single taken from their second album. With support from the whos who of D&B including dbridge and Friction and with over 50,000 views on Youtube this is was truly deserving a vinyl release. Following a series of critically acclaimed releases on legendary labels such as Metalheadz, V recordings, Soul:R and Shogun Audio, Alix Perez is regarded by many as one of the most ground breaking and innovative producer-DJs of his generation. After the success of his albums ‘1984’ and ‘Chroma Chords’ we are now anticipating the release of his new EP ‘U’ on Exit Records, after label boss dBridge signed the prodigal son of D&B.

Planas - Breathtaking feat Ed Thomas (dBridge Soul Steppers Rmx)
Planas a producer, musician & label manager at Ranking Records creates bass-driven music usually around dubstep tempo. He is also known as Landlord, Tarqwin Smythe, one half of Seemore Productions, and as bass player/producer for Gentleman's Dub Club. With a string of releases on Exceptional, Ranking and Immerse, Planas enlisted the head honcho at Exit Records to remix the lovely soulful track ‘Breathtaking’ feat vocalist Ed Thomas. The result was amazing and UVP just had to press it to vinyl. dBridge is a drum and bass producer whose career has stretched from the early days of the genre's conception back in the early 1990s including mainstream success as part of Future Forces, Bad Company & Autonomic and recently Heartdrive.. Fast forward to 2014 dBridge is constantly exploring the potential of drum & bass and staying several steps ahead of the rest, leading the charge at the helm of his seminal record label Exit Records.

Track info:
A) Submotion Orchestra - It's Not Me It's You (Alix Perez Rmx)
B) Planas - Breathtaking feat Ed Thomas (dBridge Soul Steppers Rmx)
Unreleased Vinyl Project
UVP001
Release Date: 19.04.2014 (Record Store Day)

Available from the following participating Record Store Day Shops.

Andys Records (Aberystywth)
Bm Soho (Soho)
Intense Records (Chelmsford)
Music & Goods Exchange (Notting Hill)
Rarekind (Brighton)
Soundcheck (Norwich)
Spunout (Northampton)

For Shop Distribution Contact: intensevinyldistribution@gmail.com

On Record Store Day we will be doing an in store with Alix Perez at Intense Records in Chelmsford, where he will be mixing and signing the record for the customers https://www.facebook.com/events/265989200241595/

Followed by an after party with Alix Perez, M-Set feat Deefa MC & Hannah Eve, G.H.O.ST, Addictive Behaviour Records, Mayan Audio & more https://www.facebook.com/events/275305255981264

Like our Facebook Page for up to date info & competitions: https://www.facebook.com/unreleasedvinylproject
Join the chat on twitter here: https://twitter.com/Unreleasedvinyl

Last edited:
HUGE news!! both BIG, BIG tunes, and I will be bagging this for sure. Hope they are looking for suggestions for later releases, I have a lot of tunes on my 'want to get pressed list' which I have never been able to afford to start!

nice! no shops near me now though :( be nice to have them available for purchase to those who are not near any record shops?

nice! no shops near me now though :( be nice to have them available for purchase to those who are not near any record shops?

hi mate, if they dont all sell on rsd, they will be made available online after 1 week. They are the RSD rules im afraid.
If you let me know where you are from i can tell you what shops nearby have ordered.

cheers
UVP

As soon as I saw this I immediately thought of that planas remix, love the concept big fucking ups.

Also on second thought, if the concept is to press sought after tunes that aren't on vinyl - why make it a limited pressing?

hi mate, if they dont all sell on rsd, they will be made available online after 1 week. They are the RSD rules im afraid.
If you let me know where you are from i can tell you what shops nearby have ordered.

cheers
UVP

Love the idea, mate. Originally played with the idea to order a vinyl cut for these tunes. I'm from Berlin. Is there a shop, who ordered nearby?

As soon as I saw this I immediately thought of that planas remix, love the concept big fucking ups.

Also on second thought, if the concept is to press sought after tunes that aren't on vinyl - why make it a limited pressing?

I would imagine it makes more sense to do limited runs, charge slightly more and recoup costs quicker as they are more sought after; rather than a bulk lot that takes longer to get rid of and recoup costs...

Spectrasoul - Sometimes We Lie (DLR remix)

If Shogun are supporting this, I will cry if this isn't chosen, also Rockwell - 4U

Immense idea. Fully support this.

I think you'd sell a hell of a lot more if bods could order online. If you need a website let me know ;).

Back
Top Bottom