New Label: Unreleased Vinyl Project - Alix Perez/dBridge - RSD

Yea its an obvious one.

But from when I got the chance to speak to Loggy a while back, some of the reasons why some of his releases never made it to vinyl were due to the mastering being shit. Intervention was a prime example of that, so they decided not to take a chance with it.

Haunted by her Yesterdays however I am clueless how it never made it to wax.

Colourwheel was part of the public vote for the city life ep though so dont think it falls into this category, unfortunately a bunch of baboons thought it best to include the spacejam remix instead :S. I've got it cut myself and it sounds mint.

commix - painted smile - even tho its free i would pay mega bucks to have it on wax

Think they lost the files, I remember asking about this and broken man a while back and Guy said he couldn't even find a wav :(.

For the record, I love the idea. Surprised it hasn't been done before tbh, I think there would definitely be a lot of interest for officially licensed small runs of unpressed gems, i mean theres already been a few instabags suggested here! Scope is endless...lets hope this goes down well.

i dont think the labels themselves know where the stuff is going, but i could be wrong. maybe try giving the usual suspects OYE, spacehall, hardwax etc. a call and ask if they ordered any.

not contacted any shops outside the uk yet, get them to email us unreleasedvinylproject@gmail.com

- - - Updated - - -

The finished article..
1378791_1410863772512159_4526033244937634391_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

We will be heading down to Intense Records in Chelmsford for an official launch party in the shop on RSD, where Alix Perez will be performing and signing the vinyls, if any of you can get down there. Plus after that, the official label launch party at a venue in Chelmsford where Alix will be playing aswell. https://www.facebook.com/events/265989200241595/

Last edited:
Shops that have ordered so far:

Andys Records (Aberystywth)
Bm Soho (Soho)
Intense Records (Chelmsford)
Music & Goods Exchange (Notting Hill)
Rarekind (Brighton)
Soundcheck (Norwich)
Spunout (Northampton)

more to follow

Big up for this, great idea! We did something similar years ago and released a record with a pair of old forgotten / never made it out of Dub-limbo tunes, and if we'd known what were doing we would have done loads more.

Some serious tunes have fallen through the cracks over the years, here's a few I can think of as standing out:

Ortokore - Cannibal Dub

Raiden & Khanage - 8768 (Ricky Force Remix)

Enei - Thinline (Blocks & Escher Remix)

EVERYTHING or damn-near everything on TEMAH

As for people talking about "the risk" - fuck that, there is no risk, we put out a record with a tune on it that had been given away as a 320 on a load of busy forums and we sold out within weeks. As long as the music is good people will pay to have a record of it. You mightn't make any money off it - we didn't - but you'll sell the records.

The ‘Unreleased Vinyl Project’ is a brand new recordu label breaking the rules and fighting back against the digital revolution. UVP will be releasing exclusive tracks on vinyl that were formerly only available to download. In recent years people have been giving up on vinyl and digitalising their record collection. UVP are doing the opposite and re-mastering digital only releases to ltd edition 12" wax to fight back against the war on vinyl. The label will launch on Record Store Day (19th April 2014) to emphasize the importance of this release to the vinyl enthusiasts. The first release features 2 remixes from the acclaimed drum & bass producers dBridge and Alix Perez from Exit & Shogun Audio, which both have already received great support.

Submotion Orchestra - It's Not Me It's You (Alix Perez Rmx)
Submotion Orchestra are a seven piece band formed in 2009 influenced by dubstep, soul, ambient electronica, jazz and dub. The London/Leeds based band who have performed all over the UK & Europe, commissioned Alix Perez to remix their excellent track ‘It’s Not Me It’s You’ - the first single taken from their second album. With support from the whos who of D&B including dbridge and Friction and with over 50,000 views on Youtube this is was truly deserving a vinyl release. Following a series of critically acclaimed releases on legendary labels such as Metalheadz, V recordings, Soul:R and Shogun Audio, Alix Perez is regarded by many as one of the most ground breaking and innovative producer-DJs of his generation. After the success of his albums ‘1984’ and ‘Chroma Chords’ we are now anticipating the release of his new EP ‘U’ on Exit Records, after label boss dBridge signed the prodigal son of D&B.

Planas - Breathtaking feat Ed Thomas (dBridge Soul Steppers Rmx)
Planas a producer, musician & label manager at Ranking Records creates bass-driven music usually around dubstep tempo. He is also known as Landlord, Tarqwin Smythe, one half of Seemore Productions, and as bass player/producer for Gentleman's Dub Club. With a string of releases on Exceptional, Ranking and Immerse, Planas enlisted the head honcho at Exit Records to remix the lovely soulful track ‘Breathtaking’ feat vocalist Ed Thomas. The result was amazing and UVP just had to press it to vinyl. dBridge is a drum and bass producer whose career has stretched from the early days of the genre's conception back in the early 1990s including mainstream success as part of Future Forces, Bad Company & Autonomic and recently Heartdrive.. Fast forward to 2014 dBridge is constantly exploring the potential of drum & bass and staying several steps ahead of the rest, leading the charge at the helm of his seminal record label Exit Records.

Track info:
A) Submotion Orchestra - It's Not Me It's You (Alix Perez Rmx)
B) Planas - Breathtaking feat Ed Thomas (dBridge Soul Steppers Rmx)
Unreleased Vinyl Project
UVP001
Release Date: 19.04.2014 (Record Store Day)

Available from the following participating Record Store Day Shops.

Andys Records (Aberystywth)
Bm Soho (Soho)
Intense Records (Chelmsford)
Music & Goods Exchange (Notting Hill)
Rarekind (Brighton)
Soundcheck (Norwich)
Spunout (Northampton)

For Shop Distribution Contact: intensevinyldistribution@gmail.com

On Record Store Day we will be doing an in store with Alix Perez at Intense Records in Chelmsford, where he will be mixing and signing the record for the customers https://www.facebook.com/events/265989200241595/

Followed by an after party with Alix Perez, M-Set feat Deefa MC & Hannah Eve, G.H.O.ST, Addictive Behaviour Records, Mayan Audio & more https://www.facebook.com/events/275305255981264

Like our Facebook Page for up to date info & competitions: https://www.facebook.com/unreleasedvinylproject
Join the chat on twitter here: https://twitter.com/Unreleasedvinyl

Will there be any stores near me stocking this and the HEADEX release please
I live in Doncaster south yorkshire

Ez, did you manage to get your hands on the Uvp?
Let us know I can tell you where you can get your hands on one next week?

- - - Updated - - -

If you did get one let us know where from please :)

Picked up my copy on RSD from Intense. Lovely day out but couldn't stay for the Alix Perez mix as I had to get home. What an amazing 12. It's not you it's me remix is just amazing!

And for people moaning due to the stores being far, I did a 160 mile round trip from Reading and got there at 0940 to pick up all the releases including true romance vip. It's a bank holiday weekend so no excuses!

Headex is nothing to do with unreleased vinyl project.

It's Exit/Metalheadz and will be on sale at surus I think next week(minus the RSD sticker)

- - - Updated - - -

Has Redeye ordered any yet UVP?

Back
Top Bottom