DnB New jungle tune

Neural Tech

Nuskool
VIP Junglist
I left feedback,

"Epic, that Pad/Lead/thing sounds kind of like a String on steroids in the Intro, I love it! The slow attack on it and having it '''whoosh''' in like that is cool. Drop = YEEEEEES!!!!!! I like it a lot. The vocal in the Intro leading into the 1 was spot on imo. The cutup Drumloop is sick, I love your Editwork, jam! My only gripe is that I think the Snare could use another layer in the 2-500 hz range to fatten it up a little bit. The extra hat at 2:13 is cool, but very similar to the Hatwork that was already taking place... perhaps pan that layer to the left or right to give it a bit of seperation from your other Hats? There's that cool Pad/Lead/Brass sounding element at 2:50ish leading into the Breakdown, I love that sound. 2:57 - cool Fill, neat triplet type edit. I think the poppy KD is punching through the Mix well. Jammmin', my man."

Derelicts Of Tomorrow

Founded 1977
VIP Junglist
I left feedback,

"Epic, that Pad/Lead/thing sounds kind of like a String on steroids in the Intro, I love it! The slow attack on it and having it '''whoosh''' in like that is cool. Drop = YEEEEEES!!!!!! I like it a lot. The vocal in the Intro leading into the 1 was spot on imo. The cutup Drumloop is sick, I love your Editwork, jam! My only gripe is that I think the Snare could use another layer in the 2-500 hz range to fatten it up a little bit. The extra hat at 2:13 is cool, but very similar to the Hatwork that was already taking place... perhaps pan that layer to the left or right to give it a bit of seperation from your other Hats? There's that cool Pad/Lead/Brass sounding element at 2:50ish leading into the Breakdown, I love that sound. 2:57 - cool Fill, neat triplet type edit. I think the poppy KD is punching through the Mix well. Jammmin', my man."
fuck yeah bro nice one. You're setting a good example for others wanting feedback good job my dude! I'm at work right now but will give your tunes a listen and review later today when I get home ;)

Agauw

the breaks are sick. i'm not a big fan of the ragga samples. i think they've been done to death but that's just personal preference. my main problem is with the bass and low mids. i hear 2 bass notes throughout. the first one sounds like it has a higher layer on it. or is that the filter opening and closing? anyway the second one sounds perfect but the first one seems off to me. it clashes with the kick and sounds a bit boxxy. i'd eq out a notch around 100-200hz. also the whole thing sounds over compressed. it's a sick tune. don't get me wrong. i'm just trying to give constructive criticism

Derelicts Of Tomorrow

Founded 1977
VIP Junglist
the breaks are sick. i'm not a big fan of the ragga samples. i think they've been done to death but that's just personal preference. my main problem is with the bass and low mids. i hear 2 bass notes throughout. the first one sounds like it has a higher layer on it. or is that the filter opening and closing? anyway the second one sounds perfect but the first one seems off to me. it clashes with the kick and sounds a bit boxxy. i'd eq out a notch around 100-200hz. also the whole thing sounds over compressed. it's a sick tune. don't get me wrong. i'm just trying to give constructive criticism
thanks man, put a lot of effort into the breaks. I turned them down a bit because I felt they were too loud but it seems as if i've taken away from their punch. I feel you about the vocals but hey... it's jungle ;) I'll have to take a look at the bass issue you mentioned. Thanks so much for the feedback brother!

Neural Tech

Nuskool
VIP Junglist
fuck yeah bro nice one. You're setting a good example for others wanting feedback good job my dude! I'm at work right now but will give your tunes a listen and review later today when I get home ;)

Thanks man, I enjoy listening to everyone's music on this board: the quality overall is stellar!

"Contagious" is a weird 160 BPM "DnB" type tune. It uses a sample from my favorite Resident Evil movie, the one where the scientist turns himself into a badass monster at the end. It also has some Gregorian Chants that I stuck in and couldn't take away because they fit in key so well with the Mix o_O:D. "Bowser" is closer to 170ish and has all different kinds of sounds, from clean Sine Sub to overly distorted Bass, and even some Chorus type Pads and cheesey (they'll get more attention later and become techier) Lead lines. "Pumetika" is a lil slow Breakbeat WIP for now with uTonic doing both the Drums and the Bass.

Have a good weekend.

Top Bottom