New jumpup(only jump up to presice)

Niceneasyuk

I've started a little jump up beat. I love listening to jump up, but making it is more of an art than people credit it for. But i've given it a go anyway. I'm basicly looking for feed back on; sub bass level, snare level, kick smoothness(still tempted to sidechain it). and overall complexity of the beat(ie. does it need more).

There is no intro as of yet. simply because i havn't got an artist to sing some hooks on it yet. As soon as i find a bird to sing over it, i'll then make an intro to fold with the beat.

Hope u like it

Http://www.myspace.com/niceneasyproduktions it's called revolver. peace

listening thru myspace, I can't really give an accurate rating on the quality of the mix.. as its compressed to death (damn streaming mp3's)

Judgjing it purely by the ms exmaple; I think the one thing that might be missing mix wise is 'depth', meaning hearing the full range of sound.. my own stuff has been suffering from dodgy mixing so Im starting to get the hang of hearing muddiness etc. ;)

I reckon that myspace is doing you no favours.
Got a wav snippet you can upload to zshare or the like?

It did sound a bit muddy. I've been wondering about the accurateness of what I'm hearing as well on all the various players.
There was plenty of sub bass coming through my phones. Not too sure if the kick was cutting thru enough. The drums as a whole could have been a little louder and the bass reduced a fraction.
And that's no excuse for having no intro. Build an instrumental one. Gives you a chance to mess around with some pads and chords, the subtler side.

production isnt the best however i'm really liking the idea, finish the track bro.. it's more dancefloor/jump up though :)

Excellent feedback guys! Ye muddyness is DEFINATELY my issue at the minute. Getting sweet arrangements but i think i eq tracks into submission to be honest lol. I've noticed a thread on freq ranges(the god of dnb books) - something like that. I'm going to see if i can brighten it up with some tinkerings here and there! I don't own any monitors, i just use headphones and play tracks on diff systems at friends houses/cars etc. which is certainly contributing to the shabby mixing down. As soon as i get some monitors and get to grips with mastering i will start dishing tracks out to some up and coming dj's. I want to make sure i don't blow the speakers at the venue o_O :P. Any useful tips you guys can share?

peace!

listening thru myspace, I can't really give an accurate rating on the quality of the mix.. as its compressed to death (damn streaming mp3's)

Judgjing it purely by the ms exmaple; I think the one thing that might be missing mix wise is 'depth', meaning hearing the full range of sound.. my own stuff has been suffering from dodgy mixing so Im starting to get the hang of hearing muddiness etc. ;)

I reckon that myspace is doing you no favours.
Got a wav snippet you can upload to zshare or the like?

Where abouts in notts you from? I still need to make a zshare account, i'll do it later and edit this post with the link pal. peace

no excuses for not having moniters anymore man look at the prices u can get them for now lol i have the alesis mk2s they are like 100pound now brand new and they do the job for me, i love the idea of the tune very bouncy from what i can hear the snaire needs to be tighter sounds a tad like the layers are out slightly, the high end is nice cant judge the sub as im on my laptop at the mo, all good tho man sounds like it could be a sick tune keep at it,

Deep impact has fuk loads of potential! if u got the mixdown right i could see this on a 12" get back on that tune!

Bigups!

Back
Top Bottom