new jump up tune

well clearly the drops wer the bassline starts :S (y)
an ye im still workin onma drums its not the finished track yety itsa work in progress

I ain't no expert but it sounds like u aint been producing for long just stick at it, an the drop in area 51 is lacking badly

na ima beginer man only bin onit since march n im teachin maself
i fort that was the hole point ov cumin on hea wasto get help n advice :S
but rli jus sayin ma drops lackin ent helpin rli i kno ders suin missin car it dnt sound rite but like i sed i teach maself so i duno........

n ye obvi dat isme if ur on bwt the pic on my myspace
cnt rli understand watya on bwt ya tlkin jibberish man
y wud i av a pic ov sum1 else inma dp (y)

Last edited:

nah he was talking to slow hes always got this gurnd up fucker in his signiture...

umm yeah man if u want some advice basically the main thing u want to work on is beefing up your drums, you need to have more impact on them, i couldnt even hear a kick drum in area 51.

you need to fill out ur hit hats aswell, way more layers,

and maybe some sub-bass aswell if u know what that is its basically a bass thats just the low end and it makes your bass sound full and gets the sub going.

na ima beginer man only bin onit since march n im teachin maself
i fort that was the hole point ov cumin on hea wasto get help n advice :S
but rli jus sayin ma drops lackin ent helpin rli i kno ders suin missin car it dnt sound rite but like i sed i teach maself so i duno........

LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH.

YOU'RE NOT SENDING A TEXT MESSAGE FFS.

woi sorry i ent got as much time onma hands as u 2 type evrythink out in full
its called savin time thats the hole point ovit, god geta hobby man

and 2 msmith222 i am using logic

and 2 lucidproduction yeh cheers for that im tryin to work onma drums more and i get wat you mean about the sub bass ye. like i sed i havnt been on this for dat long atall but thats the kind ov advice i need cheers mate.

also dus ne1 kno wer i can get sum decent drum hit samples?

woi sorry i ent got as much time onma hands as u 2 type evrythink out in full
its called savin time thats the hole point ovit, god geta hobby man

here are some examples where you have saved no time whatsoever, you have simply spelt things wrong and/or taken out a few spaces.. this was just on your first paragraph. if you think talking like some sort of alien creature actually saves you any time then i suggest you go and play with some traffic..

oh and also, i have 2 hobbies :)

fair play to ya bro, beef up n layer ya drums, maybe have a look in the production forum on here, get a few tips on drum structure and what u can do with the program ya using and hints on makin a drums phat, thinik thats the next step mate...keep at it tho bro, n type how ya fuckin want lad, dunno why people get pissed with that, they are not ya teacher or ya mum so take no notice of the very informative comments that is jus lookin for beef for no reason at all,

people if ya nothin on the subject to say jus dont say nothin instead of tryin to get a reacton, its fuckin pathetic..

Last edited:
great, i use logic too, so i can explain how i build mine. i start with two kick drum and three snare audio samples, 5 audio tracks total. everything below is approx. you have to use your ears...

kick drums:
i use two kicks, one at around 70-90hz, and one somewhere higher up. i use the second one as sort of a ghost or echo- type hit.

snares:
i use three snares, one higher up to provide the snap or punch, and two lower to provide the low thud. the higher snare is important to cut through the mix, and the lower provides the needed pound. the snares in dnb are most often more powerful than the kick drums.

next, i add two channels of hit hats. one closed firing off all over the place, and another open hat sample hitting on the snares.

on all of the above i add appropriate cuts. for example, there's zero use for low frequencies in the hi hat tracks, so i put a low cut on them and set it high up around 13000-15000hz (again, use your ears). there is also a place for high cuts (think kick drums).

now that i do all of that, it's time to make the drums sound like real dnb drums. this is where the art comes in. you need to add layers, and i'm not talking about 4 or 5 more sounds. if you are just starting, buy/download some loops (apple loops work well in logic, search for some dnb downloads in apple loop format). gradually, you will make your own loops. these loops will be everything you can think of: sampled breaks from awesome 80's movies, hi hat loops, percussion loops, and you need add another 5 or more layers to your drums. drop in a break loop, high pass it, and add some f**ked up filter to make it sway. now add another layer, and eq it to occupy a different space in the frequency range. a lot of this is trial and error, and if it sounds like s***, please delete it. just move on to the next one. i promise, do this for 2-3 hours and your drums start to thicken, you will see...

fair play to ya bro, beef up n layer ya drums, maybe have a look in the production forum on here, get a few tips on drum structure and what u can do with the program ya using and hints on makin a drums phat, thinik thats the next step mate...keep at it tho bro, n type how ya fuckin want lad, dunno why people get pissed with that, they are not ya teacher or ya mum so take no notice of the very informative comments that is jus lookin for beef for no reason at all,

people if ya nothin on the subject to say jus dont say nothin instead of tryin to get a reacton, its fuckin pathetic..

i usually say the exact same thing but this dude is just taking the piss, im sorry but he is not saving himself any time by typing like an idiot, if everyone typed like that on this forum the whole place would look like a shit hole.

Back
Top Bottom