New Jump up tune - That's My Pleasure

synth needs to be louder on intro, BREAKS layered under your drums is a must, lots of work needs to be done on drums. main bassline a little too loud.
think about trying to get every sound in the mix to be heard as clear as the next, within reason, u also need to eq, all of yor sounds so that they each hav their own space in the mix. i.e kick drums at 100 hz, snare around 200hz, sub below 100hz, things like tht, gettin a gud mix is like 80-90% of makin a gud dnb track, so it needs to be right, keep at it mate!!!!! big ups
pzx

synth needs to be louder on intro, BREAKS layered under your drums is a must, lots of work needs to be done on drums. main bassline a little too loud.
think about trying to get every sound in the mix to be heard as clear as the next, within reason, u also need to eq, all of yor sounds so that they each hav their own space in the mix. i.e kick drums at 100 hz, snare around 200hz, sub below 100hz, things like tht, gettin a gud mix is like 80-90% of makin a gud dnb track, so it needs to be right, keep at it mate!!!!! big ups
pzx

Nice one mate very useful piece of information, i have been looking loads of places for the right frequencies for drums.

Ok o just adjusted some stuff hopefully made everything sound clearer and sit better in the mix, feedback please!, also what do you think of the tune in general? does it have a good feel to it or does it lack energy etc?.

I think It sounds pretty good.
The synth that sounds like a voice at the start is a bit random, but It's not as if it kills the tune.
The build up to the drop is good aswell, and the actual tune as a whole sounds good to me.

Just my opinion!

its not too bad mate. i like the original bass synth u have but the wahhwahhwahhwahhh.. sounds a bit flat and unergetic. also the snare just before the drop sounds totally out of time and doesnt need to be there. also its very repetetive. but it has potential!

Ok, i've tried to add a bit more variation, lost the annoying snare at the start , beefed the drums up a little more and changed the synth a little bit, working on some more bass patches now so i can switch it up a bit more, old link still works, feedback please! lol, and thanks to everyone who is contributing to the thread.

ez mate, listening now. good use of samples. nice build ups. everything does sound a bit muddy. try bringing alot of the higher frequencies in the track. i think the kick needs to be a lot louder in the mix aswell. i really like the bass sound tho mate. good work mate just need to work on the tweaks tbh and your mixdowns.
Keep up the good work mate

Nice one mate very useful piece of information, i have been looking loads of places for the right frequencies for drums.

it's not an exact science though... i usually boost my kick round 80hz for example, and snare round 150hz & 230hz...

Back
Top Bottom