NEW jump up / dancefloor KREASE - PEN PUSHER stream / download

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by krease, Mar 10, 2010.

1. krease

krease Member

2. kama

kama benkama.net

Something in the beat sounds off. Might be a single hit cut strangely im not sure but sounds a bit weird rhythmically. There are techincal issues however. Mixdown is a bit weird, the bass has strange spiking, i guess because of the filter resonance. You should try to level it with a limiter or compressing it heavily. The beats are very quiet compared to these bass spikes. Also there is a huge hiss in the background. Might be because its so silent, but I've never heard a noise like that on quiet mixes. You should look into that.

The tune is good but youd better pay attention to the technical side.

3. richie_stix

richie_stix gomby plz

i would say kama has some sound advice there... quite like the synth sounds you have used too, but i'm not listening to it loud enough to give you much advice on the tech sid eof things though?

after the second 16/32 (whichever) when the bass changes down the key, sounds a bit farty for me? i like the earier, high sound of the first bit.

rich

4. krease

krease Member

cheers, i think theres a drum hit in there that makes it sound off now u mention it, and this hiss is actually hi hats going at 10 to the dozen so maybe ill get rid of that.

cheers tho for comments :)

5. krease

krease Member

safe for the feedback bro, need to get my head in the mastering books by the sound of things!