New intelligent liquid drum and bass

Shock/Tactics

Get the fuck up
Hi there

Can anyone recommend me any artists that produce an intelligent style of liquid drum and bass (don't mention Calibre)? And no hospital records crap please (my opinion). Preferably less well know artists that are actually doing something new.

Cheers!

Hi there

Can anyone recommend me any artists that produce an intelligent style of liquid drum and bass (don't mention Calibre)? And no hospital records crap please (my opinion). Preferably less well know artists that are actually doing something new.

Cheers!

Definitely LSB. His production is really subtle but so beautiful. Quite melody driven but not poppy Hospital Records stuff. Check out 'The Hurting' which is his latest single. He's signed to Spearhead, definitely suits him! You can check out 'The Hurting' here: http://foxgotbass.com/drum-bass-lsb-the-hurting/

'Intelligent' aka 'atmospheric' dnb used to be stuff like Mav, (old) ASC, KMC, Future Engineers, Pariah etc etc I believe. Used to be well into this scene back when Covert Operations was still around.
Anyhow most of the old labels folded, not alot of this sound round anymore really, Warm Communications is still about but dont think they're putting out the atmospheric-esque tunes.
Best bet is to have a look at Offworld, Advection and Arctic Music (Alaska's label) as they're the only 3 I can think of still pushing the atmospheric sound. Fokuz occasionally puts out the more minimal 'intelligent' styled tracks now and again as well but they're more into the liquid.

Back
Top Bottom