New in the Field

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by fanatic, Oct 9, 2014.

1. fanatic

fanatic New Member

Hello everybody!

I bet you have heard this thousand times, but I just finished my first "actual" track I have been working on for quite some time and I guess here I will get some really good feedback if you guys are willing to give it :)!

Tracks here:

It would be awesome if you could tell me your opinion, what's good and what to improve. I know that I need to improve my drums already.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
    Cheers
    Fanatic

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  2. mugatu

mugatu Verva Music

Put this in the track reviews.

Listening on headphones, but drums are to quiet, mix needs improvment. Ill listen to on my speakers tomorrow and tell you whats too loud and not. But still pretty good for your first track. My first tracks were adhd tracks, fucking terrible lol.

3. fanatic

fanatic New Member

Will do. I couldn't find it anywhere. But drums are too quiet? I thought they were getting too loud through my speakers, that is why I didn't boost them anymore. Looking forward for advice!

Cheers.

4. mugatu

mugatu Verva Music

Right, on speakers now. Yeah snare is far to quiet, doesnt punch enough. Vocals are too loud. Sub is not to bad, its not really hitting hard enough. How high does the sub go? Which note?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the song needs a breakdown to give the track room to breath. I dont know how they do this type of music, but most tracks have one.

5. Gloxxy

Gloxxy I SNORT COAL

What mugatu said. Drums are too low. Turn the other elements of the track down and the drums will suddenly spring out in the mix. Are you using a frequency analyser when you are creating a tune? This helps a lot with getting sounds and elements to stand out in a mix and stops things from sounding muddy.

6. fanatic

fanatic New Member

I wasn't using a frequency analyzer, but I will in the future. The drums were too low and I understood it in the end myself. I just couldn't figure out how to boost them enough. Thanks for the feedback guys: appreciate it!