New iMac's.

DanDnB

Bass and Drums
Just noticed they released the new iMac.

That 27" display with quad core option looks NICE.

I feel kinda crunchy though, I bought the previous gen iMac last month it's the 24" dual core 2.93 ghz. Still fast but, there will always be upgrades.

I had to buy it last month to get the free iPod touch and free printer deal. So I woulda missed that deal had I not bought it then.

Dam they even have dual quad core option.

I don't think I'll ever max out my CPU, has anyone here ever maxed out a dual core 2.93 ghz mac. And if so, what did it take?

I've maxed out my core2duo 2.2ghz in my MacBook pro, using ableton live though. Logic seems to allow more tracks/plugs than ableton which is CPU hungry!

dan - don't worry bro, always new shit in the pipe. look at the new imac, and think of all the ways it can get better. that's YOUR next imac...

6-7 million? i don't understand why so many people think that apple computers are five times the cost of a pc. all right - my macbook pro was maybe two or three hundred dollars more than a similarly-spec'd pc. if you consider total cost of ownership over the life of the machine, most apple computers are cheaper...

dont bother, wait till they start putting the new Intel Core i7 chips into macs. THEN its time to upgrade.

You can get custom built pcs with almost exactly the same specs for much cheaper.
And when you want to upgrade, just jump on the net and buy the individual part, easier in the long term.
though atm its probably worth waiting for the i7 chips, also youl be getting octocores in the near future.
dunno why youd need 8cores and an i7 mind..

my pretty new mac book only has and intel duo core, and 2 GHz. It's only hickuped once, and it took qute a bit to do it.

Garage Band and Reason run buttery smooth. No probs with recording either.

-Andy

I've been a PC owner for about 10 years, and I can say that the cost of ownership of that PC was equal to or ever more than my new iMac. The first time cost of a mac is higher, yes, but i wont need to buy all the shit i did with my PC to keep it from self destructing. This is just my experience, which is why i am happy with the mac.

Also, i dont want to make this thread into another PC vs Mac debate.

I just want to know the limits of the dual core 2.93 24" previous gen as compared to the new 27". It seems i should be alright though, so far i am!!

Thanks for the input dudes!

Back
Top Bottom